10w-30 or 15w-40 B62004wd gear

Rickcas

Equipment
B6200 1640 loader Caroni 48 rear finish mower
Oct 24, 2009
Middleboro Ma
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have an 1986 kubota b6200 with 1025hrs on it and have owned it since new. This has been a remarkable piece of machinery and most of the repairs I have made have been wear and tear related. They include. Cutting edge on bucket. Making oversize pins for the bucket and reaming out the holes to accomodate oversize pins. Effectively removing slop in the bucket. The ball coupling on engine output shaft to transmission. This required splitting the tractor from rear. Most of the hydraulic hoses have been replaced. Injector copper gasket replacement. Tires replaced. The new Bridgestones are egg shaped and ride awful a major dissapointment, Shame on Bridgestone for making such poor quality tires.

Any way my Question is this I used 10w-30 diesel rated oil since new Amalie and Castrol assuron. I am having trouble even finding 10w-30 diesel oil. I emailed kubota about switching to 15w-40 they said stick with 10w-30. I live in the northeast. Is any one else having trouble finding 10w-30 or made the switch to 15w-40 in a cold climate?
Thanks

GRNMTNEER

Equipment
L2350DT/LB400FEL/Woods 750 Back Hoe
Oct 24, 2009
Eden, Vermont
I am new to Kubota (L2350DT less than 1 month), however I have had tractors most of my life (raised on a farm). I have two older very large gas jobs and I have a Cummins diesel truck. I live in an area notorious for extreme cold(35 below and colder). I would NOT go to 15-30 or 15-40. 90% of engine wear is on start-up. Stay with a Kubota recommended diesel formulated oil of 10W-30W or perhaps 5W-30. A good diesel oil is NOT interchangeable with a conventional auto oil - must have a different SAE rating and the correct low ash content. I will stay with 10W-30, use the block heater below 32F, and adhere to good warm-ups before placing the tractor under load for the sake of the engine and the hydraulics - VERY IMPORTANT. also don't forget to cool down a bit before shutting down - prevents bearing damage. Use good and fresh blended fuel - diesel attracts water and water destroys injector pumps and nozzles. (water becomes steam as it is injected) good luck. -

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Rick I am also new on forum and backward on posting things. But I have read a lot of vics advice and agree with him most of these people are VERY knowledgeable. I live in Tennessee smokey mountains I was told by Kubota dealer here to use 15W40 for exact reason as Vic stated . This Kubota dealer had both 10w 30 and 15w40 so I used the 15w40 I have the B7100.

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Rick I live East of you in New Hampshire. I had the same question and went to the 15-40 with no trouble and better starting. I find all my oil at of all places but Wally World (Wal-Mart) prices are good and they have all brands. Vic and the other guy won't steer you wrong!