3 PT Dethatcher - CMP Attachments

muddyboots

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
Just thought I'd pass this along. I purchased it on Monday and received on Friday. Seems to be built well, assembled easily, best of all...worked terrific! I bought the 60" and boy did it show me how bad our lawn was relative to dead grass etc. Based upon short time with it I would recommend for sure.
Muddy

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
That is nice! I have been using my tow-behind trailer type but yours would be so much nicer as you can just lift it to clean it out.

Mine, you have to stop once in a while, pull the lever to lift it onto the wheels, then clean it out.
I usually use it to rake my leaves, then I put them through the BXM32 Shredder.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This rake works good for bringing up the rock on a driveway, de-thatching a lawn, or raking pine cones.

I've made a couple of them. I use the pickup teeth of a baler. It can be a square or round baler, doesn't matter. They'll be 6' long, and 4 rows. Weld up a rectangular frame to bolt the ends of the bars to. Make or buy the 3pt bracket. You end up with 4 rows of staggered teeth that do an excellent job.

My only bit of advise is, if you fab one up...get a baler that has the teeth bolted to the angle iron. Not one that has a round tube going thru the eye of the rake tooth. Reason is because if one tooth brakes on the second example you have to remove all the preceding teeth to get to the broken one. On the angle iron one you can replace the tooth by removing one bolt.

Attachments

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Thanks for posting this--after reading it and researching a bit, I ordered one late last week and will take delivery tomorrow. Went with the 50" after discussing it with Derek of CMP. The larger 60" model is only $10 more, iirc, but i've got a lot of tight spots and obstacles, so narrower is probably better for me.

Wish I had the tools/time to fabricate and save a few dollars, but price seemed reasonable, especially since shipping was included.

In addition to dethatching and leaf/stick raking, I'm hoping this will do ok as final prep before seeding grass. I don't have a tiller/harrow/cultivator; just a box blade and soon this raking tool. We'll see how it does.