Help please starts then stalls

bryan.nolan91

Sep 7, 2015
argyle ny US
My bx22 starts nice let go of key & it instantly stalls, I have replaced starter switch assembly no change. Anyone know what this might be?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My bx22 starts nice let go of key & it instantly stalls, I have replaced starter switch assembly no change. Anyone know what this might be?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Bryan,

thanks for the "new" info - however, try to keep the questions under the same thread - I hope that Geo or NIW will move this back into you original thread. Or delete the old thread.

When you said you replaced the switch - the entire switch ?
what happened all of sudden to make you change the switch? Have you looked into ANY of the safety switches? Seat? PTO? The fact that it starts says the starter works as it should, the problem is somewhere in the fuel solenoid that allows it to continue to run. A safety switch will kill the engine quick if out of alignment.

Give us a little more background, have you had the BX long? Just get it? etc....:)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Bryan,

thanks for the "new" info - however, try to keep the questions under the same thread - I hope that Geo or NIW will move this back into you original thread. Or delete the old thread.....
Delete of old thread done

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Bryan,

thanks for the "new" info - however, try to keep the questions under the same thread - I hope that Geo or NIW will move this back into you original thread. Or delete the old thread.

When you said you replaced the switch - the entire switch ?
what happened all of sudden to make you change the switch? Have you looked into ANY of the safety switches? Seat? PTO? The fact that it starts says the starter works as it should, the problem is somewhere in the fuel solenoid that allows it to continue to run. A safety switch will kill the engine quick if out of alignment.

Give us a little more background, have you had the BX long? Just get it? etc....:)
As stated check all the switches and if you have a hydrostatic trans be sure to check the switch just under your pedal under the tractor...they can get gummed up or even a little paint build up from the factory

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It has a bad fuel solenoid or fuel solenoid relay.
Also check the fuses on the off chance that it has blown one.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Fuel solenoid has three wires, start, hold and ground. So we know it energized when started, but drops out when key is released. A test light should help you determine whether or not your solenoid is bad. Then we move on to next step.