L2350 Clutch growls

Sairowua

Equipment
Kubota L2350DT
Nov 2, 2014
Indianapolis
I have owned this tractor L2350 for about 6 months. It had been sitting for a while and the guy I bought it from had purchased it to fix up and had gotten it going but it was obvious it had been sitting out for a while. I had this problem happen from time to time- the tractor would seem to bind up and lock- it was not the engine but something in the drive line. If I would shut off the engine eventually I could get it out of gear, get it started and go again.

The throw out bearing went out on it as it had rusted from sitting for so long- so I split the tractor and replaced the clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw out bearing. I cleaned the flywheel myself with a sanding wheel but did not get it re-surfaced. I did not replace the fork or the housing the throw out bearing mounts on.

It has the single clutch, dry type.

I got it all back together (I have the manual and put everything in according to the manual) and all seemed well but then after running it a while, when i would release the clutch sometimes it would growl and seemed to bind up- mainly in high range. I did not notice it in low range.

I adjusted the it a bit and it seemed to improve, but the problem still exists. Any idea what this might be?