ZG327 fuel problems

dls

Equipment
ZG327 ZeroTurnRadius lawnmower
May 5, 2013
Arkansas
I have a Kubota ZG327. Runs fine when using left gas tank. When switching to right fuel tank, it runs fine for about 1 or 2 minutes, and then engine starts to miss and quits running, so I must switch back to left tank. Have changed both fuel filters recently (one in compartment under seat and one behind right rear wheel above fuel drain) to try to solve this problem, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You've already done the hard part and narrowed the problem down to one tank. Take the line loose and see if it's plugged. May be something real simple to fix.

OkieDavid

Equipment
L 3010
Aug 29, 2012
Valliant, OK
Sounds like a load of bad fuel in the right tank. Missing,sputtering and dieing all point to bad fuel since you have no issue on the left tank.

Drain the right tank and replace the fuel. I'm "guessing" water contamination....

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I have a Kubota ZG327. Runs fine when using left gas tank. When switching to right fuel tank, it runs fine for about 1 or 2 minutes, and then engine starts to miss and quits running, so I must switch back to left tank. Have changed both fuel filters recently (one in compartment under seat and one behind right rear wheel above fuel drain) to try to solve this problem, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?
Hi sounds like your valve isn't switching. I had a truck with an electric valve that did the same thing, check your supply before and after the valve when you've switched to the right tank.

dls

Equipment
ZG327 ZeroTurnRadius lawnmower
May 5, 2013
Arkansas
OK. I poured 1 oz/gal Seafoam into the tank and after 10 minutes of sputtering and rough idling, it stared running good. Must have been some water in that tank and the Seafoam treatment did the trick.

I just got back from cutting grass!

Thanks for the help with this!

Dave

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The bad thing about gasoline these days is with the ethenol junk in it, its tearing up outdoor power equipment. Unless you buy and mix in a fuel treatment like Satbil or Star Bryte then the gas will break down and turn to water if it sits in a gas can longer then 30 days.