Kubota RTV500

Loonpoint

Equipment
RTV500
Apr 23, 2015
Drummond Island, Michigan
Kubota RTV500 intermittent heavy smoke

Hope someone can offer advise....I purchased a Kubota RTV500 two years ago. Since that time(102hrs) I have had it serviced as recommended and have used it to push snow, haul rock etc. During the first year I traveled approx. 1.5miles on the road when suddenly the motor started to lug and slow to a crawl and smoke enveloped the entire rig (grey)....I spoke to the dealer when it was serviced and they could not identify a problem or offer a suggestion. Since that time I have used the rig approx. 50 more hours without a problem, until this past week. The same thing happened after driving approx. 1.5 miles it again started to lug (slow a bit, 15mph when it started) and it suddenly slowed and filled with a thick smoke. I stopped and it quickly recovered normal operation and I drove the 1.5 miles home without problem. Then again today I experienced the same thing...thick grey smoke (to the point you couldn't see your surroundings) it quickly recovers and operates normal.
Every time I experienced the problem I had traveled 1+ miles at 15-20mph. It appears something is sticking but with my limited knowledge I can't offer ideas to the dealer who has never experienced this. I intent to take the unit in for repair however it is a major undertaking and want to assure the dealer has a plan.
Thanks

Last edited: