Performance Module For more horsepower

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
ive Seen a few posts here and on other boards regarding people asking if they can swap ECM’s from say a L6060 to a L5460 since the engine is the same so they can get the extra Horsepower gain. I noticed one last night from a guy with a l3301 wanting to see if he could put a L3901 Ecm in to gain that extra power also. I did some research and contacted http://www.pdqperformance.com . After sending them some photos of my common rail electrical connections they said that the Stinger-4 module they offer will fit a L5460. That will give you several tuning options for HP gain and according to them is plug and play and not detected by the ECM.

Didn’t know if anyone was interested, I know I may buy one and see how it works. I did ask if it would affect the emissions and they said it won’t, everything will work as it’s supposed to.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmccolley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC, FEL hooks/Pirahna bar, RB3784,, 72 BB
Oct 8, 2019
MI, US
Hmmm, sounds interesting. I would want to hear more.

Bump from MX5200 to MX5800

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
How does it work? Spend $300-500 to get an extra 5HP on paper? Will your tractor go from 0 to 6MPH in 4.01 seconds instead of the OEM 4.02 seconds?

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
If you buy one post the results. I think a lot of members would be interested Merry Christmas

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
ive Seen a few posts here and on other boards regarding people asking if they can swap ECM’s from say a L6060 to a L5460 since the engine is the same so they can get the extra Horsepower gain. I noticed one last night from a guy with a l3301 wanting to see if he could put a L3901 Ecm in to gain that extra power also. I did some research and contacted http://www.pdqperformance.com . After sending them some photos of my common rail electrical connections they said that the Stinger-4 module they offer will fit a L5460. That will give you several tuning options for HP gain and according to them is plug and play and not detected by the ECM.

Didn’t know if anyone was interested, I know I may buy one and see how it works. I did ask if it would affect the emissions and they said it won’t, everything will work as it’s supposed to.
It would be interesting to know what those tuning options might be.

SDT

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
How does it work? Spend $300-500 to get an extra 5HP on paper? Will your tractor go from 0 to 6MPH in 4.01 seconds instead of the OEM 4.02 seconds?
Point well taken, but the OP could need more HP at the PTO for whatever reason.

Perhaps the OP will tell us the reason he feels he needs more HP in his tractor.

I am not familiar with his model tractor. I would be concerned that if the drive line were less robust than the larger tractor, that issues could evolve in the long term if the HP was increased.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I wish there was a forum where members could post things like the OP's subject where the naysayer are just not allowed in. I knew half way through his post that the naysayers were waiting to pounce. Does the OP's post have anything to do with my tractor? No. But I am still interested to see if there is a result even if the HP/$ ratio is pathetic.

Do I need more HP? No.
Do I want more HP? Yes.

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
Lol the naysayers need not post. As for as the 1/4 mile in my tractor I get there in a few minutes. The l5460 has plenty of power however as I wrote in the first post I have read posts about people with the l5460 wanting to put a l6060 ECM in to gain the extra HP. I have also read posts with people with the smaller L series trying to get the same power via ECM swap as a 3901. I simply gave them a different much cheaper option than ECM swap. Personally I am very interested in getting the same power as a l6060 for 500 bucks since it’s the same exact tractor as a 6060 minus the ECM tuning, this also goes for many other model tractors using the same engine and frame minus ECM tuning. I’m not thinking you should try to tune a 25 hp model to 40 hp and screw up your drivetrain or try to run implements that you shouldn’t run on a small model. I’m just interested in this type thing I guess. The naysayers should understand that 4 or 5 hp in a tractor isn’t the same as in a truck. We aren’t tuning a dodge here but may be able to run the bush hog a little better in the tall grass.

Reactions: 1 users

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
While this can be useful to some, I more wish they would start working on DPF deletes for these small tractors.
That's why I limit my new buying to 26 h.p. and anything above that I buy old stuff.

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
While this can be useful to some, I more wish they would start working on DPF deletes for these small tractors.
That's why I limit my new buying to 26 h.p. and anything above that I buy old stuff.
I have seen more Kubota’s on the delete lists, some of the skid steers and track loaders as well as larger tractor models. I’m sure it will filter down to the smaller 60 and below HP soon. I will do it when my warranty is up. I’m sure by then the kits will be readily available. I have had absolutely 0 issues with regeneration and aside from a light on the dash don’t even notice it.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I think this would be classified as a caution not naysayer.

Added HP normally requires more engine cooling so I hope radiator & coolant capacity is large enough to handle the extra heat created from extra HP.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Agreed. Such would be both useful and marketable.

SDT

dsims

Equipment
BX2380 60"Drive Over/SSQA Loader
Feb 23, 2019
Clear Lake, IA
I've heard from some guys in the truck tuning world that the government has started going after companies that produce and install DPF delete kits. They are treating it like removing a catalytic converter from a car. I think the EPA or whoever regulates emissions is trying to scare people straight.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
An interesting fact on some M7 models you can increase the HP by up to 20 by engaging the PTO! Why would they do that?

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I've heard from some guys in the truck tuning world that the government has started going after companies that produce and install DPF delete kits. They are treating it like removing a catalytic converter from a car. I think the EPA or whoever regulates emissions is trying to scare people straight.
Emissions restrictions and mandatory equipment is federal law. Removing or altering is breaking federal law. I don't have a dog in the fight- I'm not implying whether it should or shouldn't be done. Regardless, it does make sense (as in, it shouldn't be a surprise) that the government would crack down on companies who sell equipment that circumvents federal laws.

Last edited:

dsims

Equipment
BX2380 60"Drive Over/SSQA Loader
Feb 23, 2019
Clear Lake, IA
Emissions restrictions and mandatory equipment is federal law. Removing or altering is breaking federal law. I don't have a dog in the fight- I'm not implying whether it should or shouldn't be done. Regardless, it does make sense (as in, it shouldn't be a surprise) that the government would crack down on companies who sell equipment that circumvents federal laws.
Just the rumor I heard anyway. I think it came up in a conversation somewhere else why "XYZ" company wasn't coming out with kits for new trucks, and the story was that the feds had gotten involved. DPF Delete kits may become a black market item, if the feds go after any website or business that markets them.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
You guys are correct. They are starting to crack down more and more on emission tampering. And they are getting more sophisticated testing equipment to catch it.
Here in Ontario they will pull your plates and you will not get an annual safety if it is tampered with. Also know a guy that blew up the deleted motor in his Peterbilt and none of the dealers here will touch it.

It's good to see a lot of people are saying the emission systems on their Kubota's have been trouble free, but I had SO many issues with the emissions system in my 2013 Detroit and 2012 ISX Cummins it has really turned me off from wanting it in my personal life at home. My new 2020 Detroit Diesel is doing way better than the 13 ever did, but I still don't embrace this crap.

I know on-road vehicles are different than tractors, but still just don't want to deal with any extra BS mowing my lawn or grading my roads or snow blowing.

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
I was talking to a local "green" mechanic, he said they are not allowed to do any work on a machine that has had any emissions stuff removed.

Just something to keep in mind, not an issue if you do all of your own work. I'm guessing more dealers are, or will be this way.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Buy a bigger tractor/ Problem solver/ In reality you ate looking for torque, not horsepower anyway.

Sounds to me like a sure fire warranty denied to me..

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
That was/is inevitable.

The federales must justify their raison d'etre.

SDT