Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tractor Operating

Tractor Operating Wondering what that strange lever does, how to safely hill climb or get into 4WD? Discover and share how to get the most out of your tractor.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
HiPowerOne

Equipment: B7300HSD,LA271,RCK60-24, Bush Hog SQ480, Pronovost Puma-54 Puma, 10KW PTO GenSet
Default B7300 seat adjustment problem

Hi All

I have had my B7300 now for 17+ years, and really have not thought much about seat adjustment, as I am normally the one who uses the tractor. However, today my grandson was here and I wanted to show him some tractor safety. When I went to adjust the seat for him, I realized that I had a problem. My B7300 seat has 5 seat adjustment notches in the rail (I can see and feel), but I can only get the seat into the back two slots. It will not go but maybe a 1/4" past the second notch and will not reach the 3-5 positions.

That further exacerbates the problem, as the rear bolts, for removing the whole seat assembly, are in the tracks and can only be accessed when the seat is further forward, I suspect in the 4-5 positions, way forward.

Has anyone had a like or similar problem, and if so, how did you handle/remedy the situation?

Many thanks in advance.
HiPowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Default Re: B7300 seat adjustment problem

HP, I'd suggest giving the slide track a good dose of PB Blaster or a similar product. Try, as you did, continuing to move the slide. There may just be some rust or small twig, or small pebble laying in there causing all your grief. Probably something simple. Be patient and keep messing with it to convince it to slide.

You've got 17 years on non-movement to overcome! Welcome to the forum.

"Remember the quality of your question directly affects the quality of your answer."
D2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
HiPowerOne

Equipment: B7300HSD,LA271,RCK60-24, Bush Hog SQ480, Pronovost Puma-54 Puma, 10KW PTO GenSet

Thanks D2Cat
Other than rust, always stored in building, the twig/pebble was the first thing that I considered...I have tried just about everything, including compressed air, to blow/lube/ force the tracks clean...using a bright light I can see nothing in the tracks..either side...I guess I am going to have to break down and "pay" to have someone look at it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

I think before I'd "break down" and have a dealer work on it, I'd keep soaking it with a rust solvent like PBblaster and keep tinkering with it. That is all the dealer service dept. is going to do other than replacing the whole bracket!

It just doesn't take much of anything in the slide mechanism to cause it to jam. A bit of rust, just like on an old bolt, will cause a problem you can't imagine.

"Remember the quality of your question directly affects the quality of your answer."
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
m.t.hands
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200

if you can remove the seat and track together from the tilt point if your tractor has that type of assembly???and work on it upside/down perhaps

but as mentioned PB Blaster and add some compressed air may help clear the track
m.t.hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
HiPowerOne

Sort of a catch 22.

Unfortunately, the seat tilt just allows easy access to the seat track assembly, which is firmly mounted to the tractor. To remove the seat track, the two rear bolts must be removed. To access those two rear bolts, the seat, in the track, must slide completely forward. If the seat could 'slide completely forward', to access the two rear bolts, which must be removed to remove the track, I would not have even started this thread.

Again, I have lubed, air blasted, poked, probed, etc. to no avail. I will keep trying, but this has now been nearly a 2 month ordeal. At least this OTT forum yielded a response. I have had no response to another forum post that has been there for nearly 6 weeks.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

Since you now have it lubed pretty good, move the slide release lever to the position the slide should be free to move. Hold that lever as you, or a helper, tap on the slides gently to help determine what is in a bind.

Patience is a virtue, and I can almost guarantee it's something very simple that is bound up in there.

Ever try to pull the trailer hitch out of the receiver after it's been in there a few years? A couple grains of sand can cause a lot of grief!

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
m.t.hands
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200

Hipower, I know the frustration, helped a friend that is 6'6" get the seat on a used BX1830 freed up, his was stuck in the second position from the front, and well he had to have some room, we tilted his seat forward, removed the seat and cut the hardware off the tracks with one of those oscillating cutters, soaked the tracks in mineral spirits for 2-3 days and lightly tapped it both directions, while we did get it "freed" up, it was not very smooth, but he is typically the only operator...and he did not want to spend the $ on new tracks (100$ for the set)

not familiar with the design on the 7300, just hopefully throwing out some helpful ideas best of luck
m.t.hands is offline   Reply With Quote