B8200 Owners. Help!!!

Big N

Equipment
B8200D, BF 300-A Loader
Jul 20, 2014
Avoca, Ar, US
I have a B8200 4wd and I had my pinion seal on the front axle start leaking well after tearing it apart I found the reason it was leaking was because the bearing were very loose so I went farther into and found that the teeth on the pinion were badly chipped so I started looking for a good used one as it seems most of those parts are not available new. I located a place in Texas that said they had what I needed so they shipped it to me.
Here's where my problem is. The pinion they sent me came with the bearings a collar between the bearings and a triangular plate that has the seal in it and the plate bolts to the housing to hold the pinion in. My tractor has a much longer pinion that goes in a tube that has triangular flanges on both ends. They are claiming I don't have a B8200 but the tag on the left side clearly states in English that it is a B8200D.
Here's where I need help. I am needing someone with a B8200 to tell me if they have a cast iron tube bolted to the axle housing that is 4 3/16" from flange to flange or if they just have a thin plate about 1/2" thick bolted there.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'll check if no one beats me to it. I'll be away until tomorrow afternoon. These guys on here are fast and efficient, so I'll be running second fiddle.:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The part you are showing is the part off of a b8200D.
Post a picture of the other one that you got.

Another note: did you also get the ring gear with the pinion?
If you didn't, the pinion is worthless, they have to stay as a matched set. ;)

Big N

Equipment
B8200D, BF 300-A Loader
Jul 20, 2014
Avoca, Ar, US
I'll take a picture of the part they sent me when I get home this evening.

I did get the pinion and ring gear from them but it's all worthless to me since it won't fit my axle.

Big N

Equipment
B8200D, BF 300-A Loader
Jul 20, 2014
Avoca, Ar, US
image.jpg

This is what I was sent. The splines aren't even the same size as the ones on my drive shaft and it's just to short. I didn't have the pinion installed in the tube in the previous picture but that's how long the pinion needs to be for this tractor. I talked to the guy today and it seems like he's trying to help me figure out what's going on but I think he thinks he has the right parts for my tractor and I'm thinking he's wrong

Big N

Equipment
B8200D, BF 300-A Loader
Jul 20, 2014
Avoca, Ar, US
The part you are showing is the part off of a b8200D.
Post a picture of the other one that you got.

Another note: did you also get the ring gear with the pinion?
If you didn't, the pinion is worthless, they have to stay as a matched set. ;)
Wolfman,
Thank you for your help. I was sure I had the correct axle. Now to get my money back and find the right parts