B2601 Third Function valve install questions

AJW

Apr 16, 2015
Canada
Hi, got my kit from the local Kubota dealer and thy wanted $600 to install it so I figured I’d just do it myself. The box had no instructions so I called the dealer and they sent me instructions for the land pride 380-149A kit which actually isn’t correct because this is the Kubota branded kit part #B1653. Nothing else available.

Ive installed everything from the actuator forward but I have 2 pre-bent tubing along with the flex lines that is supposed to connect from the actuator to the power beyond ports that don’t make sense right now. Does anyone have any pictures of the install from the actuator back? That would help immensely, also there are two power connections on the wiring harness, it says one goes to the positive connection on the battery and the other one is taped back on itself?

Looking forward to using my HLA grapple once this is plumbed in. Pretty poor quality control as far as instructions and the kit goes. I’m pretty disappointed in Kubota regarding this.

Davesrepaircom

Equipment
B2650HSD, Ford 2N
Apr 28, 2018
New Albany, PA, USA
Hi AJW,

I just finished installing a Kubota (LandPride) 3f kit in my B2650HSD yesterday. I think your 2601 uses the same, or very similar, loader valve, looking at the parts lists, but the 149A kit is supposed to be the right one. Mine takes the 168A kit, and came with instructions, but I had already downloaded them from Messicks.

Had to read mine carefully, and they could've done a better job of explaining this part, with a photo or two. Guess they want you to take it to a dealer, but like you, I didn't see the need, either.

First, if you have a backhoe, I don't think the kit will work. Check w/your dealer, or Messicks, for that. I know the kit I bought from my dealer said it was only for a tractor w/out a hoe. I assume the hoe already uses the ports we're talking about, not sure. I'm no expert on any of this, just raised to do things for myself whenever possible.

You have to pull the seat and seat mount off to get to the top fitting. There's a short steel tube that goes from the loader valve (power beyond) up to the tank, on top, right beside the right rear rubber seat mount stud.

Take that steel tube off to make the hydraulic connections per the instructions and the fittings in the kit. All we're doing is inserting the 3f valve into the hydraulic system in place of this tube.

Remember to add hydraulic oil and check the level before using the grapple, and early-on in its use. I needed about 1/2 quart just to fill the new lines, and it will take much more to fill the grapple lines and cylinders once that's attached. My 2650 takes Kubota "Super UDT2" tranny/hydraulic oil. Pretty sure your 2601 does too. I bought 2 quarts, but will pick up a couple more next time I'm going by our dealer.

Haven't ordered my grapple yet; hope to do that today or Monday. Moving lots of Ash logs and brush here, and forks work for the logs but not so great for the brush.

Anyway, I hope that's of some help. I'm new here on the forum and not sure yet what's allowed here, but you're welcome to drop me an email if I can be of any help. Let me know how it goes.

God bless you and yours,
Dave H

Acts 4:12

Davesrepaircom

Equipment
B2650HSD, Ford 2N
Apr 28, 2018
New Albany, PA, USA
AJ, I forgot to mention: the instructions advise pulling the right rear wheel & tire off to run the lines. That would make the job easier, but the rears are loaded on my B2650 and I didn't want to wrestle with it, so I installed my lines with the wheel left on. 'Can definitely be done. Did have to pull the seat and mounting.

Sorry I forgot that.

Dave H.
John 14:6

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
I'm probably not going to be much help as my land pride 3rd function valve install was on my BX24 with a hoe. While I didn't do the install myself I do know they had to remove a stock line to the power beyond. I found several 3rd function valve youtube videos that may or may not be helpful. After watching several I just didn't have the time to attempt it myself. Youtube searches sometimes help and sometimes not. Good luck.

Macizumi

Equipment
B2601
Oct 6, 2018
Oxford,Mi,USA
Hi AJ,

Im installing the same 3rd function valve and am at the same point you were, did you ever get this installed? If so can you post some pictures and what you did to get it installed? Thanks
Brandon

Attachments

Last edited:

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I just installed rear remotes on my 2650 so perhaps I can help...

There is a line at the loader valve the runs up to supply the 3 point. This is not the "tank" line. The "tank" line is a low pressure line that runs from the front/bottom of the loader valve back to the tractor. Its very short and low pressure. Its secured with hose clamps.

In the picture below, Ill start from left to right....

The silver tube is the fitting that replaces the tube that gets removed. It connects to the 3 point supply. You don't need to remove the seat to take the banjo bolt out or put it back in. The next line just to the left is the power beyond port of the loader valve. Its where you will tap into supply for the third function. The line just to the right of that that does a big "U" turn is the tank line... If youre looking at this from the side of the tractor, the 3 point line would be the rearward most fitting, then the supply line than the tank line.

View of where the 3 point fitting attaches under the seat...

Macizumi

Equipment
B2601
Oct 6, 2018
Oxford,Mi,USA
I think I figured it out, but I could be wrong. The OME kit comes with a new 3 point hitch line with a different threaded end that attaches to one of the lines that runs to the new actuator. The current 3 point line need to be removed and attach the new line. Now attach the other new line to the power beyond port. Now the 3 point and the 3rd function valve are in a loop and both should work. What does everyone think?

Thanks

Attachments

Poitka

Nov 11, 2018
Whiting nj usa
I keep geting timed out so this may post a few times. I just got a grapple for my 2018 b2601. The 3rd function kit is incomplete if you have the backhoe installed. I put a tee where the backhoe and tank line meet for the 3rd function tank line, next i got a 3 way diverter for the power beyond line. One out goes to p on 3rd function valve. The other out got my quick connect for the backhoe line. This works good for me and i now select backhoe or 3rd function manualy from the diverter. Cheers

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Hi, got my kit from the local Kubota dealer and thy wanted $600 to install it so I figured I’d just do it myself. The box had no instructions so I called the dealer and they sent me instructions for the land pride 380-149A kit which actually isn’t correct because this is the Kubota branded kit part #B1653. Nothing else available.

Ive installed everything from the actuator forward but I have 2 pre-bent tubing along with the flex lines that is supposed to connect from the actuator to the power beyond ports that don’t make sense right now. Does anyone have any pictures of the install from the actuator back? That would help immensely, also there are two power connections on the wiring harness, it says one goes to the positive connection on the battery and the other one is taped back on itself?

Looking forward to using my HLA grapple once this is plumbed in. Pretty poor quality control as far as instructions and the kit goes. I’m pretty disappointed in Kubota regarding this.

Iv been looking for a good/cheap 3rd function kit for my bx2370, how much did your kit cost you? I think the landpride kit sells for around 500-600$ for the bx?

I planned on installing mine myself as it doesn’t seem to be all that difficult. I’m also a mechanic for a living so it might be a bit different for others who aren’t use to turning wrenches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk