LX2610/RCK60-30BB Broken Rear Link

je1279

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
834
585
93
Upstate NY
Came across this when I was cleaning the deck this morning. Anyone know what could have caused a rear link to snap? I didn't hit anything with the deck and have already ordered a replacement part, but would like to prevent it from happening again.

1000012111.jpg
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,008
3,150
113
Austin, Texas
It looks like the far side link in your picture is disconnected. Was it disconnected when the near side broke, or are you in process of deck removal.

If it was not connected, I would guess that to be the reason your link is broken.

And shouldn’t both links be either up or down? I don’t know what lifts the deck…
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
834
585
93
Upstate NY
It looks like the far side link in your picture is disconnected. Was it disconnected when the near side broke, or are you in process of deck removal.

If it was not connected, I would guess that to be the reason your link is broken.

And shouldn’t both links be either up or down? I don’t know what lifts the deck…
The left side of the linkage is connected properly. The right (near) side linkage snapped where it connects to the pin in the front. The eyelet is actually still around the pin above it, but the bar itself snapped. Guessing it may have been a bad weld, but want to make sure Im not missing anything.

1000012112.jpg
 
Last edited:

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,008
3,150
113
Austin, Texas
Sorry I was looking at it backwards (front was rear to me).

What are these blue circled deck attachment points for?
IMG_0725.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
834
585
93
Upstate NY
Unfortunately, I do not have a good answer for that. However, in the ~5 years that I have used the tractor for mowing, I have never used them. For reference, they are roughly 4-5" inside of the rear links on the LX2610. Possibly to pin up the deck if needed?
 
Last edited:

SDT

Well-known member

Equipment
B1750 with MMM. Everything else sold prior to relocation.
Apr 15, 2018
3,703
1,421
113
Montana
Came across this when I was cleaning the deck this morning. Anyone know what could have caused a rear link to snap? I didn't hit anything with the deck and have already ordered a replacement part, but would like to prevent it from happening again.

View attachment 176077
Most likely the result of improper adjustment upon initial installation.

Few if any dealers take the time to properly adjust lift mechanism upon installation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jsjac

Well-known member

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
247
402
63
New Hampshire
Looks to me like it broke at a pin or bolt hole. Not much metal outside the pin hole. Maybe a ¼inch.
If the ground is rough that would put a heavy load on that. Especially a side load.
Five years is a lot of mowing. Check the other one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
834
585
93
Upstate NY
Thanks all!
 

je1279

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
834
585
93
Upstate NY
If anyone else has this happen, you will also need to purchase two K5763-51282 bushings that go inside the eyelet up front. I tried beating the hell out of them, but mine wouldn't come out.

1000012193.jpg
 
Last edited:

WWRepair

New member

Equipment
B2620 & B2650
Jan 31, 2015
3
0
1
Virginia
Came across this when I was cleaning the deck this morning. Anyone know what could have caused a rear link to snap? I didn't hit anything with the deck and have already ordered a replacement part, but would like to prevent it from happening again.

View attachment 176077
Same thing happened to me a couple days ago on my B2650. Looks like bad metal or poor welding to me. I went to my local Kubota dealer and they said that the only way to get Kubota to process a failure complaint was to have the dealer either come out and inspect or bring the machine in and it would cost me $250 that I wouldn't get back even if it was Kubota's fault. Have you had any luck getting answers? Also besides the link costing $185 the two bushings are also very expensive at $37 each from Kubota.
 

Attachments

SDT

Well-known member

Equipment
B1750 with MMM. Everything else sold prior to relocation.
Apr 15, 2018
3,703
1,421
113
Montana
Came across this when I was cleaning the deck this morning. Anyone know what could have caused a rear link to snap? I didn't hit anything with the deck and have already ordered a replacement part, but would like to prevent it from happening again.

View attachment 176077
Never seen that happen before.

Is your lifting mechanism (and position control stop) adjusted such that the lift does not pull the deck up against the stops? Doing so will put forces beyond design specs upon components.