Runs With Scissors
Well-known member
Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
OK, so full disclosure..........I almost never wear my seatbelt when on the tractor......
Yea, yea, yea.....I know, 10,000,000,000 people a year die, and your cousins, uncles, twice removed Sister-in-Law got maimed real bad..........blah, blah blah.....
I should.......But getting on and off a billion times when working makes it "inconvenient" to say the least.
My land is flat, no hills, only one area has a "minor'ish slope". (not making excuses, just stating facts)
I almost always have the BH-77 on the back....(note that word....almost
)
Well, the other day, I had to drill some holes with the PHD and I was too lazy to put the 77 back on.
So there I am "Tractor'n".......all Fat, Dumb, and Happy....Needing to pick up some pressure treated lumber off the trailer, I put the forks on; but the load will only lift up maybe an inch or so.....so I know it's heavy.
Well brother......Let me tell you....... gravity was in "full effect" that day....
As soon as I hit that "minor slope" , the whole F'ing thing started to tip....The left rear ass-end was off the ground, and I slammed that loader stick forward, so fast and hard that I figure I must have broken it.
The whole "kit and kaboodle' hit the deck, sending lumber spilling off in all directions, and the ass-end hit the deck "micro seconds later".......My ass puckered so hard/fast, I will be pulling out pieces of seat cover for days......
I have never had that happen with the counter weight of General Jackson on the back.
Moral of the story................Keep your BH-77 on....
(ohhh...and wear your seat belt......and keep your load "low" 


)
Yea, yea, yea.....I know, 10,000,000,000 people a year die, and your cousins, uncles, twice removed Sister-in-Law got maimed real bad..........blah, blah blah.....
I should.......But getting on and off a billion times when working makes it "inconvenient" to say the least.
My land is flat, no hills, only one area has a "minor'ish slope". (not making excuses, just stating facts)
I almost always have the BH-77 on the back....(note that word....almost
Well, the other day, I had to drill some holes with the PHD and I was too lazy to put the 77 back on.
So there I am "Tractor'n".......all Fat, Dumb, and Happy....Needing to pick up some pressure treated lumber off the trailer, I put the forks on; but the load will only lift up maybe an inch or so.....so I know it's heavy.
Well brother......Let me tell you....... gravity was in "full effect" that day....
As soon as I hit that "minor slope" , the whole F'ing thing started to tip....The left rear ass-end was off the ground, and I slammed that loader stick forward, so fast and hard that I figure I must have broken it.
The whole "kit and kaboodle' hit the deck, sending lumber spilling off in all directions, and the ass-end hit the deck "micro seconds later".......My ass puckered so hard/fast, I will be pulling out pieces of seat cover for days......
I have never had that happen with the counter weight of General Jackson on the back.
Moral of the story................Keep your BH-77 on....