L3250 Replacement Egnine - V1902-DI

auskub

New member

Equipment
L3250
Sep 28, 2026
2
0
1
Australia
Hey everyone,
I live in Australia, so naturally parts are rare and information is hard to gather.
I picked up a L3250 for free, however it threw a rod and has 2 holes in either side of the block (V1902-DI).

I'm trying my hardest to find a second hand engine, but my first option is to send the engine to a diesel mechanic to try and fix the block.
Failing that, we will put the parts into a different block (my mechanic informed me he can do that, but im not convinced he has the correct block in stock, as the In-direct injection models are far more common)
If both these arent possible, what can I do? I dont want to scrap the tractor.
I dont want to machine different parts as i dont have the experience, can I just put in a indirect injection 1902?
Can i put in a V2203?

I would love some help, as i dont know what the right thing to do is.
 

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,423
11,221
113
Sandpoint, ID
Let's see if I can add some clarity or muddy the waters more.

You can not change parts from a V1902 IDI with an V1902 DI just about everything is different.

Now for putting in a V2203DI, yes IF and this is a Big IF you could find one with the right fuel cam to run the hydraulic pump, and that's near to impossible.
And buying the right fuel cam, that last time I checked is not an option as it's obsolete.
You would also have to find the older version V2203DI with the right flywheel bolt pattern.

Here is a good thread on that: