Hydraulic Grapple is not opening or moving.

Mae-12

New member

Equipment
Kubota
Sep 22, 2026
1
0
1
22
Orange, VA
After attaching the bucket to the skid steer loaded and attaching the lines the grapple piece will not move at all. Deattched and checked the lines and put it back on. Tried again, nothing. Purged the lines without them being attached, waited a while came back tried again nothing. I’ve got no clue how to fix this or what’s the problem. I’m thinking about just taking the grapple off but if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it then I’ll give it a try before I take it off. IMG_9177.jpeg
 

lynnmor

Well-known member

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
1,817
1,621
113
Red Lion
Did it work before? Are the hydraulics operated by an electrical switch? We would need more information in order to help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caden

Active member

Equipment
1979 B7100
Apr 16, 2026
315
182
43
Virginia
I agree with @lynnmor , it does typically seem to be a problem with the electrical switch rather than a problem with the grapple it's self.

A good way to tell is if the engine bogs or if the hydraulic lines stiffen or jump when engaged. If not, then look at the switch.
 

NCL4701

Well-known member

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
3,665
6,856
113
Central Piedmont, NC
Deattched and checked the lines and put it back on.

Purged the lines without them being attached…
It sounds like you’ve confirmed flow somewhere but not clear at what point on the circuit. If it has flow all the way to the cylinders on the grapple it should move.

Where exactly did you detach the lines?

Details on “purging the lines”? Exactly what lines did you “purge” and how did you purge them?

Does it have good flow wherever you detached the lines?
 

Runs With Scissors

Well-known member

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
4,092
5,527
113
Michigan
One time I was installing a "battery tender" and it went very smoothly.

About 2 days later I hooked up my grapple and I'll be damned if it would not work.

After some "cursing and swearing" ........a closer inspection revealed that I left off the ground wire for the valve.

68 seconds later, it was back on and the grapple was operational again.

Moral of the story: Start with the "basics" when trouble shooting....and don't skip steps ;) (ask me how I know this:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)