Pallet fork grapple

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
With the snow finally finished (fingers crossed), I got to put on my winter fab project: the one-armed pallet fork grapple.

I saw one for sale by a Canadian vendor, but it was pricey and I like makin' stuff.
IMG_6442.JPG

Actuating it here with the tractor at idle, obv. it moves a lot faster when the revs are up:
<iframe width="583" height="1036" src="
" title="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The primary intent is for handling logs, but it's also handy for stabilizing loads:
IMG_6444.JPG

Also really gives you something to bang your head on when it's raised up above the skid full of logs you're stacking...

I ordered the 1/2" plate pieces with round holes from SendCutSend. The main tubes are 2x4x0.25". Installed a zerk in the forward pivot (which I machined from a piece of bar stock), so all the pivots are greasable.

Happy to finally get some use out of the 3rd function kit I had the dealer install when I bought the LX 2 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That’s awesome. If you lift the loader up and roll the forks all the way forward how does that do plucking rocks and large rounds of wood? Keep the pics coming. That seems like very functional and from pics pretty clean fab job. 👍