LED headlight Bulb

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Problem is, most LED retrofit bulbs put a lot of light everywhere. Not in a controlled, focused beam. Great for the driver, but not great for oncoming traffic.
That's why I have 4 special lights on my truck bumper for such an occasion. 10k retina searing lumens.

Last edited by a moderator:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Previosly posted:

Been trying different lighting on tractors since around 1992. Those kits look interesting. I think the Maxxima MWL42's ran me around $45 each without wiring and switches. A half dozen MWL42's plus a couple cubes wasn't cheap - but it is effective. ROPS or Roof mounted lighting alone doesn't work well for me when mowing. This year mowing in the daylight has been easy with the CV19 Vacation. There have been some years when it was frequently dark before I could fire up the tractor and start mowing.

The link below shows what has been the best for me. I do like the LED's. There seems to be at least a little uncertainty in some circles concerning how the sellers rate their lumens and watts when trying to sell you on their wares. I'd only consider a flood pattern. Work lights are for getting lots of light in the nearby area. I think my L4240 hit 19 MPH on the way to town, so (A) I don't need to light the road 1,200 feet ahead, and (B) No point blinding an oncoming motorist. Plenty of idiots with aftermarket lighting on regular vehicles doing that. (Note: I really don't use aux. lighting on the road anyway).

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Got the bulbs. Who knew that old style 1157 bulbs can be replaced with LED !
Thanks.
I have known about this for a few years. I replaced the red lens bulb with red LEDs and the yellow lens bulbs with yellow LEDs. Even in bright daylight, you can see my flashing lights. I used 1156 and 1157 in my OEM tractor lighting.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
As can be seen in the pics in post #9, …because of the wide-area-Glare LEDs make …they will light up the tractor with Glare, instead of the work-area if placed on the ROPS …...therefore I placed an LED lightbar on top of the BrushGuard instead ….

I used square tubing and “J”-bolts …found in the hardware section of TSC.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Problem is, most LED retrofit bulbs put a lot of light everywhere. Not in a controlled, focused beam. Great for the driver, but not great for oncoming traffic.
That's why I have 4 special lights on my truck bumper for such an occasion. 10k retina searing lumens.
most times the headlight bucket itself/reflector etc. is not designed for LED style beam...

better off buying the entire setup... which is more $ of course.

But the biggest problem with ANY headlights are, People don't know or don't take the time to properly align the headlights.

They just throw in cheap chinese bulbs and blind everyone on the road..... Or 1 is on the ground and the other one in the trees.... :LOL:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
But the biggest problem with ANY headlights are, People don't know or don't take the time to properly align the headlights.

They just throw in cheap chinese bulbs and blind everyone on the road..... Or 1 is on the ground and the other one in the trees.... :LOL:
Indeed! We call em Squirrel Hunters. Lol.