Recent content by William1

  1. William1

    12v aux Power plug

    Good source of Marinco electrical parts is West Marine
  2. William1

    HST limits

    My BX always fires off with a little puff of black smoke, nearly every diesel I've seen does. However, I recently got another machine that has an electronically controlled Yanmar diesel of similar size. Starts like an electric motor (instant and smooth), no smoke. No 'Diesel Rattle'. Expensive....
  3. William1

    Need turf tire and wheel part number - 2026 B2601

    Contact the sales dept at your local dealer, whole goods. Or you can try Messicks or Colemans, got to figure in shipping. I got a wheel tire from Messicks once, cheaper to buy and ship than my local dealer at that point in time but after I got it, I re-checked Messicks and the price jumped...
  4. William1

    25 years ago today

    My dad, my wife's brother in law and his son were in the towers. All managed to get out as debris rained down. My dad was exiting the elevator, just coming down from Num 1 top floor at about 8:45AM, The BIL, was in Num 2 when 1 was struck, and he had his people evacuate from (IIRC) floor 39 at...
  5. William1

    Drainage question

    I'd... dig a trench and rip-rap it or.... put in a 16" concrete pipe (my preference, do it once and forget it.) Both in proposed 1
  6. William1

    HST limits

    Do you... use the glow plugs on start? A puff of smoke during cranking is normal as fuel is injected in as it cranks until it finally fires off. That puff of smoke is usually the first few squirts of fuel sitting in the exhaust before the engine lights off. Do be VERY careful for your safety on...
  7. William1

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I have (well had) a big dirt pile from when my shop was built. Told the missus "Ill use it...' She of course doubted me. Always does. I have (had now) an area that had been 'reclaimed' 15 years ago and has settled, stumps rotted, leaving depressions (awwwww) you know the drill. So my little BX...
  8. William1

    Alexia

    I just asked it, it told me two hijacked planes crashed in the Twin Towers. A little sanitized but better than stories I've heard like 'Two planes accidentally collided with buildings in NYC, killing the pilots....'
  9. William1

    Another Bucket Level Indicator Thread

    'Level' is a relative concept. If the tractor is on an incline, level is the incline. At the top of the incline, level needs the bucket tilted down. If approaching an incline and you want to say, smooth the bottom, 'level' changes and why there is a 'float'. My little BX, has a bracket that is...
  10. William1

    Safe way to remove a tree

    Hey... I had that same puny chain with my BX25D. My tractor pulled it so hard, the chain snapped!
  11. William1

    Air in oil. What is normal?

    Excessive air in oil comes from two methods. One, too low an oil level, the oil scavenge sucks in air and churns. The other, too much oil and the crank spinning froths it up.
  12. William1

    Lifting Hook on an Excavator bucket

    I have a hook in about the same spot. Sure, on a curl, it 'might' hit the dirt but, big whoop. Having the hook is too handy. Having the ability to use the curl with the hook is nice too.
  13. William1

    Time for a compressor.

    That would of blown out, it is quite a 'shot' of air, very 'sharp'. What I did was... step up the hose diameter after the first 3', from 3mm ID to 8mm ID and used a 10' length, that softened the blow to where it is now a 'sneeze and not a POW'
  14. William1

    Trailer plug conversion to automotive style

    https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Flat-Blade-Round-Adapter/dp/B0CH35V71G/ref=sr_1_29?adgrpid=1339205726656328&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Oj7I9koP13kuCIdiddcvv92qJF34Okpio7124RyTLp3Uuew--wJ6EEPB81PHJFP3jRlTZI1umJkH_BxxSQHiYnYqOWr4hhYwKt2CK36IrrQzPj_6vb17p4r4nVs4WqT6dMooMP3v2CzDbGDdJAP7YoFvu3WpcCQWhJxvjgSQUOg7ft...
  15. William1

    A lifetime of waiting has come to an end……….FINALLY!!!!!

    I have a drill press, hack saw, a few files (even round ones), drill bits and a ball peen hammer. 1700's style precision machine shop.