Recent content by Terrain Twister

  1. T

    Thoughts or advice on Betsco Flail Mower 42 inch

    I have the 125. As said earlier, get extra belts but I can't recommend buying the extra from Bestco. Cheap Chinese.
  2. T

    Hydraulic pressure bleeding off....

    Not new, 2 years old. Just recently started. I'm guessing maybe I should go around and make sure all the connections are snug first. Wouldn't surprise me if something started coming loose.
  3. T

    Hydraulic pressure bleeding off....

    Using the Grapple yesterday I realized the pressure appears to be bleeding off rather rapidly after closing the Grapple unless I keep tapping the button every 20-30 seconds. Does this sound normal or should I start looking for an issue. I understand that pressure can bleed off overnight, but I...
  4. T

    UNIFOREST SKIDDING WINCH 35M

    Thanks timdan94, This is what I was hoping to hear. We realize it may not handle the big logs for the house still but for the Tree Farm work it's a no brainer. And thanks to everyone that replied!
  5. T

    UNIFOREST SKIDDING WINCH 35M

    BAP, I'm assuming you are adding ballast in one fashion or another to the front of the tractor? How well does it drag the logs once you have them at the tractor?
  6. T

    UNIFOREST SKIDDING WINCH 35M

    Timdan94, how big are the logs you are handling and are you adding ballast to the front in anyway? How well does the tractor drag the logs once you have them pulled up to the 35M? How well does the 3-point lift with everything hooked up?
  7. T

    UNIFOREST SKIDDING WINCH 35M

    Anyone use or seen one of these in action? I'm thinking it would be OK for our Tree Farm since I can cut the logs to 16'-6" and just drag out but would the B2650 be to small? Also looking to use for pulling out 40'-50' Western Red Cedar logs off our property to build our house. Wondering if I...
  8. T

    V5060 Plow Issue

    Well that didn't take long! Guess I just needed to write it out. One of the wires had indeed come out of the connector. Once put back in, everything works as it should.
  9. T

    V5060 Plow Issue

    Plow on the RTV lifts, drops and swings Left but won't swing Right. I have an idea or two myself and will be checking power to the solenoids but where would you start or ??? I've also unplugged and re-plugged the connector multiple times thinking it may have been dirty connections but that...
  10. T

    Grapple Modification

    Thanks for the Kuddos guys! Palmettokat, This is the Landpride Grapple. Model number SGC0660. I also did a custom grill to help with the additional 'debris' that gets thru. You can see it on post #17 and #18 here...
  11. T

    Grapple Modification

    As promised! I do like the ability to see thru the expanded metal.
  12. T

    Home Brew Root Ripper

    OK, I've removed 2 stumps since mounting my 'Home Brew Ripper' and I'm calling it a success. The more I use it the more I figure out how to best make use of it. What it can't break thru with the bucket curl I'm learning how to 'saw thru' the thicker stuff. Is it perfect, no. But has it sped...
  13. T

    Grapple Modification

    For those interested in knowing, I'm very pleased with the expanded metal that I welded in the grapple. So far, it's not held any trash but has definitively stopped anything from coming thru and threatening the hoses or grill. That said, I'm thinking of also adding a 6" tall extension to the...
  14. T

    Home Brew Root Ripper

    Got the Ripper mounted today. Will test tomorrow. Painted orange just because I can. I realize it won't last.
  15. T

    Grapple Modification

    mdhughes, you are correct in that there are 4 sections. I thought of doing one but then it would stick to far forward for my liking. Since the grapple is used for moving logs around also and sometimes the limbs aren't cut perfectly flush, I'm hoping the small setback is enough to let the...