Recent content by Sidekick

  1. Sidekick

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I have been watching that dual battery 20 inch one. The kit comes with 2 forge 8s but all tests I saw show it needs 2 12s for top performance. It's a heavy saw though. If they make a kit with the 12s I'm in. I'm slowly switching to the forge batteries. I see no real life difference between them...
  2. Sidekick

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    They sell them and many others at Home Depot. Hasn't bottomed out yet. Nice that it's light enough to slide out of the hitch with everything in it to keep the sawing stuff together when not needed.
  3. Sidekick

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I keep the 3 saws, batteries, chains, wedges, oil, and chaps in that aluminum box I mounted in the RTV trailer hitch. Don't take the new tractor in the woods because of the cab and all the crap that blows off the dead ash.
  4. Sidekick

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I cut between 12 and 18 face cords a year to heat our house totally with wood. 97% of it is cut with battery saws now. I'm looking at that new big husky electric saw now to ditch the gas totally. Just so reliable and trouble free to me.
  5. Sidekick

    "As the World Turns"............

    Is it legal to blow that stuff outside in a HOA ?
  6. Sidekick

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Yes it is so nice to just pull the trigger and have it run. Plus you don't need to carry a can of premix into the woods. Biggest part is keep your chains sharp for longest battery life and don't force them to try and cut faster as that will shorten battery life. You still need a big gas saw for...
  7. Sidekick

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I use mine for anything 12 inches and down.cuts depend on battery size and wood type. A 12ah battery with a sharp chain will last as long as a tank of gas on my small echo saw. A 8 ah battery is lighter but less torque for the saw with shorter life. They're not toys. I tried the Dewalt saw first...
  8. Sidekick

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Loaded it up with firewood. Hundreds of standing dead cherry and fallen ash trees to deal with. Pre-seasoned firewood 😄. Love those battery saws and charging them with solar so free wood if you don't count the $48 dollars of diesel in the rtv 😳.
  9. Sidekick

    Thoughts of a Mini Excavator

    Actually depends on what you get. The cheap ones have a log splitter type gear pump that are slow with more then one movement and poor hydraulic oil cooling. Mine has an Italian 3 pump system with the cylinders running off a variable load sensing piston pump that can run everything at once full...
  10. Sidekick

    Thoughts of a Mini Excavator

    All their yellow SHY dealer series machines are a notch above the others with excellent support. I just heard the redesigned SHY20 is coming out soon and it will be a true US 2 ton machine where mine is a Euro 2 ton machine that's about 3850 pounds with a slightly smaller undercarriage for...
  11. Sidekick

    Thoughts of a Mini Excavator

    I got to borrow a demo Chinese mini skid to help me decide if one will do what I want one for before making my final decision. What a little beast and the mulcher so far does a great job. My wife saw it working and told me I should buy one 😲. She's a smart woman 😍. It's a couple year old...
  12. Sidekick

    Electrical advice concerning Jump pack usage and back feeding .

    I use a Milwaukee m18 8ah battery to run a winch like that that I turn my snowblower chute with. Bought a Milwaukee battery mount with wires on Amazon and it works with a 40 amp fuse and 40amp auto relay wireless remote. Not sure the load on your winch but found the 18 volts lowered the winch...
  13. Sidekick

    Kubota Z422KWTNC-60

    My neighbor has a big Ferris and my Kubota cut is better and more even.
  14. Sidekick

    Kubota Z422KWTNC-60

    My dealer told me the Z726xkw3-60 was the entry level commercial machine so that's what I bought. Love it but really thinking about one with suspension and not just a suspension seat now.
  15. Sidekick

    Thoughts of a Mini Excavator

    I went through the same thing over a year ago and after much research bought a Huayee SHY20. It is a dealer sold series with the best support of the offshore brands. They are built with higher quality components and now have a nationwide dealer network. Kubota diesel engine with warranty through...