Recent content by Shawn T. W

  1. Shawn T. W

    Local wildlife

    I'm not home much ... But when I am I catch quite a few "trespassers"! From my game cameras ... Some blue bird stuck it's head down inside of the raccoon trap! Was digging in my creek bank to widen it!
  2. Shawn T. W

    New BX Series - BX**90

    Here is a video from.Messicks explaining the new features ... 90 Series
  3. Shawn T. W

    New BX Series - BX**90

    My L5030 has a electric controlled PTO, and has a clutch pedal ... I much prefer the side by side go pedals! Link didn't work, maybe I'm on the wrong side of the border ... USA Kubota doesn't mention them ...
  4. Shawn T. W

    What size tractor?

    I "may" decide to try a few sheep once I retire ... But no way I want enough to be able to eat down my 16 acres of grass, and they really need to do "rotational grazing" so more fencing, and you gotta still cut the grass when they are in a different area ... Then I'd need to find a buyer, and...
  5. Shawn T. W

    What size tractor?

    Well ... I'm gone for weeks at a time, and don't like people on my property, so no renting ... Or critters running wild on there own. I just cut my 14 acres of fields and 1.5 acres of lawn ... Tractor and rear finish mower do the fields, Z-turn does around the house and the ditch my bigger CUT...
  6. Shawn T. W

    Thoughts of a Mini Excavator

    I was only considering Deere, CAT, Hitachi, Bobcat ... My "hang-up" was I really had a lot already invested in my SCUT in modifications and add-ons, that to park/hide $8K of BH in the corner of my barn, to buy a Mini-X didn't make sense to me ... My SCUT TLB does what I need done. I have...
  7. Shawn T. W

    Thoughts of a Mini Excavator

    I went through a kinda similar brain exercise ... Except I already have a SCUT TLB ... I FINALLY decided it wasn't worth it to me, and just keep my TLB ... I was looking in 2 - 3.5 ton used major construction names ... They do have a much larger option to place the spoils and a faster piston...
  8. Shawn T. W

    New Member, new (old) tractor.

    Welcome Capbuster! I have a "few" Rem #10 & #11's ... If your username means what I think it does!
  9. Shawn T. W

    I did a Mod so it cannot move with parking brake on. L4060

    I guess that would mean that you don't let it idle when you get out of the seat, or you don't use your parking brake much? I leave mine running the entire time I'm out watering, if I'm on flat ground I don't bother setting the parking brake but if I don't want it to run, I just turn off the key...
  10. Shawn T. W

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I got another tote of water out to my trees, trying not to pump more than one tote per day out of my well, but it's hot and dry out there still! We got 0.003" of ran a couple of days ago, that's it ... Another week+ before any more ...
  11. Shawn T. W

    My Big Lawn Mower!

    Well ...it DID rain yesterday before I mowed ... But not very much! Just enough to bring the humidity up!
  12. Shawn T. W

    My Big Lawn Mower!

    It's been so hot and dry I haven't mowed in almost 2 months! But ... The ragweed and broomsedge was maturing so I cut the front and side fields today ...
  13. Shawn T. W

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I gave what fishies were left after the raccoons visited last night a drink ... Surprisingly there are still about 100 little 3/4" - 1 long fish in there ... Quite happy with the 250 gallon water delivery! Looking like another dry week, may need to give them another tote before I leave...
  14. Shawn T. W

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    Remote valves will be to the left side of the seat when facing forward, right side when sitting backwards ... Here is the valve ... I don't have it yet, but the picture is from previous owner that has same tractor that upgraded ... My tractor is a tad different than yours, factory seat...
  15. Shawn T. W

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    This is what I'm in the process of getting in mine ... https://surpluscenter.com/1-5-x-12-x-1-double-acting-hydraulic-cylinder-maxim-400509/ 19.25" - 31.25” it dies have the round balls on the end, I need to make bushings/spacers ... I needed 19" - 29" based off my manual thumb, so this will...