Recent content by Runs With Scissors

  1. Runs With Scissors

    Front Bucket Control Lever

    The one problem I would have with drilling it out is that the valve that it controls will have to be drilled out larger as well. This could be problematic for a couple of different reasons. #1. There is not enough "meat" left on the valve....Hence severely weakening it. #2. Once you drill...
  2. Runs With Scissors

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    That looks pretty heavy duty (y) (y)
  3. Runs With Scissors

    2023 T2290 (w/22 Hours) HST Belt Noise – Belt or Idler Pulley? and repair Vs take it to the dealer advice?

    Good avice above. The only thing I can offer is to "steer clear" of any sort of "Magic-Voodoo Belt Dressing". Even if it quiets the belt down, it still won't tell you WHY the belt is squeaking, and now it's covering your pulleys. You'd simply be masking the symptom, not finding the cause...
  4. Runs With Scissors

    Hydraulic Grapple is not opening or moving.

    One time I was installing a "battery tender" and it went very smoothly. About 2 days later I hooked up my grapple and I'll be damned if it would not work. After some "cursing and swearing" ........a closer inspection revealed that I left off the ground wire for the valve. 68 seconds later, it...
  5. Runs With Scissors

    M62 LCD instrument panel readable only at angle, or at night

    Now I have no idea about your tractor, but is there the some sort of "dimming feature" like in a car, when you turn your lights on a night they get dimmer? Is that a thing with some tractors????? Just a wild a$$ guess..... 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
  6. Runs With Scissors

    MX4800 HST oil change…go synthetic or stay with Kubota brand?

    I use Rotella in all my diesels, but if it makes you feel better, the Kubota oil should be just fine. I have switched from T3 to T4 to T6 depending on what deals I find. I have never had an oil related failure of any sort. IMHO most/all "diesel rated" oils will be just fine. YMMV. Good...
  7. Runs With Scissors

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    Yes I agree....but I still need 3 hands to get it right....It's a PITA tool, but a "Necessary PITA tool" sometimes. This one is the replacement that Mac Tools sent me recently when I warranted the original from the late 80's. OTC must have bought/owned Mac Tools....🤷‍♂️ I would "hold the...
  8. Runs With Scissors

    "As the World Turns"............

    ASIDE: It's funny how "yoot's" think (or don't think;)) Me and the Old Lady demo'd the FIL's ceiling, found a few "less than quality" 1970's stoner built truss's. I figure we can shore them up nicely, so I rent a scaffolding, and call my SIL over to help. Here is the scaffolding.....Nice...
  9. Runs With Scissors

    "As the World Turns"............

    Man, I love that thing!!! That thing saves so many trips "upstairs", it's not even funny...It was actually"intended" for a "finished basement" when I built the house...But things went a "wee bit different direction" ;) (y) You should have seen the day she came home from work and the garage...
  10. Runs With Scissors

    "As the World Turns"............

    Yes sir, I considered that. I am planning on having another fan to bring in some outside air while its running. I like making stuff.....Even if it's a failure,......I like the thrill of the hunt I suppose. 🤷‍♂️ Besides that, how would I justify buying one of these if I just bought a system...
  11. Runs With Scissors

    "As the World Turns"............

    Now for a few "educated guess" cuts, and we have the "basic shape" comiing along nicely. I check for "interference" with the CNC machine, and it seems like it will clear. If I have to shorten it a few inchs...oh well....Lets "cross that bridge, IF we come to it" Welp.....FIL just...
  12. Runs With Scissors

    "As the World Turns"............

    Now because I can't help but to stay busy, and sleep is not yet on my radar, and since I am awaiting various parts/pieces..... In my infinite wisdom, I decide to start yet "another project" I need a "fume hood" in the worst way for my CNC Plasma cutter..... As the projects begin to increase...
  13. Runs With Scissors

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    Bill, I got that cylinder the other day, and I think you're right, it should be "nearly perfect". In the "mean time" I got to thinking and my mind started racing.....(always a dangerous thing ;) ) and I have decided that I "need" an "El Cheapo Hose Maker"..... So; As per normal, it's Vevor to...
  14. Runs With Scissors

    Too fat/lazy/old to unlock your SSQA?????……..Then follow me ;)

    So to finally "put this to bed"...... Here I am locating the holes for the new "coupler holder" Here is the "final resting spot" for the diverter and it's hose placement. Here she is "in all her glory" Been using it for a few days now, and "so far" it's working as advertised...
  15. Runs With Scissors

    Hydraulic quick attach

    Your SSQA looks suspiciously like mine, so I bet that kit would work; But maybe email or call them? The hydraulic SSQA "put'er on'er" is a pretty cool feature. I decided to "roll my own", but that kit looks pretty nice. Here's how I did it....Pretty fun to do...