Recent content by Chanceywd

  1. Chanceywd

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    Yes he is and also are you! With my RWS inspired hydraulic quick attach I now remove the bucket, forks, whatever before putting the tractor away. Easier to walk around and I don't have the wrong pc on when I go to use it next time.. I came up with an Idea for a level indicator for my forks I...
  2. Chanceywd

    L3250 Replacement Egnine - V1902-DI

    That link was a real interesting read, It took a bit of the day but I really enjoyed! Thanks for posting it! Bill
  3. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    I thought that ball joint press set looked pretty clean and shiny but I see it has made in USA on it so that is a plus. I think I bought mine from Parts America in the late 90's before they renamed themselves to Advanced Auto. Bill
  4. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    I bought one of those ball joint presses many moons ago to do front dana 35 axle universals on my 93 ranger. It was the answer to the old trying to juggle 2 right sized sockets, the axle and crank the vise method I did in my early wrenching days. Your hose crimping adventure has me envious now...
  5. Chanceywd

    Too fat/lazy/old to unlock your SSQA?????……..Then follow me ;)

    It sure has been a fun one and I was switching from my seat again this last week, thanks to you getting me to see the hydraulic advantage! Two Thumbs Up! Bill
  6. Chanceywd

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    It appears from my seat that maybe the roller area is the dragging problem. You mentioned adding caster wheels to the back so maybe that might be the solution? I'm impressed by this build and your working out the kinks. Bill
  7. Chanceywd

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    Looking good Paul! You might be on to something with adding caster wheels. I have thought additional wheels on my rear brush hog might be a help too. While you were testing it did you try helping the steering issue using the left or right brake pedal? I find that when plowing snow with my 8N...
  8. Chanceywd

    Kubota ST30 adapting a front loader & fitting problems

    Good idea, like an oil drain plug.
  9. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    Went back up and reread the thread and see where you measured your manual thumb and came up with 19 and 28. Now that has me thinking maybe why I was hitting that BXpanded quick coupler. Don't know but the removal of some gusset area is done and worked, ain't no going back now.
  10. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    I added a relief valve from Surplus Center to the line feeding the base end of the thumb cylinder. Then teed the relief line into the tank return at the loader valve to cover this. I took a couple pictures of my cylinder at retracted and extended today. Not a lot of clearance in there but it...
  11. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    Here is another thing to throw into the riddle pile. I bought a BXpanded quick change after I did the hydraulic and that caused one problem. There is gussets on the kubota thumb that will hit that quick change. I ground it out some but finally cut them way back as I figured for my purposes it...
  12. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    I find that the 10" stroke works perfect. In my pictures you can see with it retracted and extended how close the cylinder and piston are to other parts. That cylinder link I posted has the dimensions and it is 19 closed and 29 open. The retracted was very close but I wanted it to tuck up as...
  13. Chanceywd

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    Yes that is it in a nutshell. The mount I made that hangs on the red frame on the tractor, that has a repurposed front wheel drive bearing and hub assembly on it. Then the 2" square tubing is mounted to that. The hydraulic cylinder is fastened to the short end of the tubing. When I put it in...
  14. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    Those cylinders both have 3/4 pin bore. The one I used has the 1.02 pin bore you will need. It is 2" bore 10" stroke. This is the one I used https://www.ebay.com/itm/232166517902 Bill
  15. Chanceywd

    "Houston, we have ignition................"

    I used 1/4" hoses and was able to thread them thru too. Bill