Thank you CA

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
A McDonalds Big Mag combo meal ($12 US in CA). Will cost you more than a burger and fries in a diner, in CA. Like Chili's, TJI Fridays, Applebees, I Hop, Ruby's, Red Robin, Norm's, Denny's, etc.

My goodness, and they still vote for these guys..

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
A McDonalds Big Mag combo meal ($12 US in CA). Will cost you more than a burger and fries in a diner, in CA. Like Chili's, TJI Fridays, Applebees, I Hop, Ruby's, Red Robin, Norm's, Denny's, etc.

When I want a good burger meal, I go to Chili’s. Way better and cheaper than Mickey D’s and always has been.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
With 20 bucks an hour you wont be able to eat there much longer so enjoy

Reactions: 1 users

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Cause our leaders passed a law that made fast food places pay 20 bucks an hour minimum…aggressive stupidity.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Yup!
America has surely gone crazy!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
These are the people that were voted into office by the masses. Unfortunately, their good intentions have a trickle-down effect on menu prices. It is just like when the cost of goods, rent, taxes, insurance, etc. go up someone has to pay for these additional expenses. In the end, it is the customer. When the customers stop coming into these establishments, they close and all the employees have nothing left except for their unemployment benefits.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
The hamburger reference is a red herring, imho.
The hidden complaint appears to be about two issues.
1. We have a capitalistic free market.
2. We have a democratic republic.

Which, or both would you like to get rid so you can get a cheap hamburger ?

Hmmmm, and this is how revolutions are formed. Not at the top but on the bottom.

Reactions: 3 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
All poking the bee hive is complete,
I ran a fast food place about 50 years ago. The base employees were students between classes, women looking to add some cash to the family in hard times, and some folks just living on the edge with no skills.
For almost all of them this was just a place to get some cash and move on. The kids took the next step to better jobs and careers.
Somewhere along the line that step to a better job became a wall. The employment gap between a living wage and minimum wage outgrew the less skilled / less educated employee. Now they are stuck with wages that will not support them in this economy.
I have no idea on how to fix the problem. What I do know is that I leave a 10 tip for a 3 dollar ice cream as I know how hard those high school kids are working for the tips.
I avoid fast food due to quality verse cost.

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI

I was in Tustin, CA this week for work so I thought I'd look up actual numbers to see if your statement was true. It is not.

A Tustin area McDonald's Big Mac Meal that includes a Big Mac, fries, and a Coke is $11.09 before taxes.

1716134682461.png

A Tustin area Red Robin basic burger, fries, and a Coke is $17.98 before taxes.
1716134726461.png

A Tustin area Denny's cheeseburger, fries, and a Coke is $18.48 before taxes.
1716135059996.png

McDonald's is coming in at $7-8 cheaper than the "diner" types you are trying to compare against.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I was in Tustin, CA this week for work so I thought I'd look up actual numbers to see if your statement was true. It is not.

A Tustin area McDonald's Big Mac Meal that includes a Big Mac, fries, and a Coke is $11.09 before taxes.

View attachment 128721

View attachment 128722

View attachment 128724

McDonald's is coming in at $7-8 cheaper than the "diner" types you are trying to compare against.
I don't eat out much. I see the television ads for diners with the specials... usually around $9.99.

Stopped at McD's for a coffee last week on a road trip and saw the prices of Big Mac combo meal and saw that it was $12. I do like their coffee.

These are franchises.

That's where my comparison came from.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901 RCR1260
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
The definition of inflation per Econ 101 is too much money chasing too few goods. When the government prints too much money to cover excessive spending, in our case quantitative easing, we should expect inflation. There are several historical examples including post WW1 Germany, Zimbabwe, and Venezuela. Let's hope that future federal reserve notes aren't like this.
160504154606-one-trillion-dollar.jpg

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Cause our leaders passed a law that made fast food places pay 20 bucks an hour minimum…aggressive stupidity.
Unless you happen to work at one of those places.

Perhaps they can now depend upon their salary… instead of Tips…. and gain the advantage of actual compensation-benefits.

(It also better-supports insuring that workers are bona fide / have legal permission to work in this country.)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

Perhaps they can now depend upon their salary… instead of Tips…. and gain the advantage of actual compensation-benefits.

(It also better-supports insuring that workers are bona fide / have legal permission to work in this country.)
Tell that to the ones that no longer have a job because of this insanity

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

View attachment 128721

View attachment 128722

View attachment 128724

A McDonalds bacon quarter pounder meal (large) and two apple pies cost me $18 and change two days ago here in Arkansas.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Bottom line is that you can't Gov regulate wages that the economy and commerce will not support. It has little to do with democracy, capitalism, or a republic... it's about common sense.

How many teens in the fast-food industry saw Gavin's law to increase their wages to $20 and hour.... and they were whooping and hollering. "It's about time! Yes!!!" Not to mention the Panera Bread giving to Gavin issue.

And now they lost their job.... it's simple economics.

You've seen the news as small-time mom and pop fast food joints are closing shop. And some of the bigger franchise chains too.

Gone were the days of teens in high school working at Burger King for spending money. It's now down to Fastfood chains cutting the staff by 50 percent. The hard workers remain, and it's become a career if they can sell enuf burgers. So, now the teens are on the street hoping to work for Home Depot or a pool supply company.. etc, etc.

Do you remember when you could get a burger or tacos in a drive thru and be in and out in 5 minutes? And it was cheap to buy? That's over. In CA anyway. (I ordered a coffee in CA last week while on my travels and it was 15 minutes).

And the rest of the states usually follow suit. Hopefully not this time.

Check the news. It's Gov overreach. And it's hurting the poor.

It's poop.

And all this coming from a hard-core Dem like Gavin... who will probably be the next president of the most powerful country on earth to date...

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
After hip replacement and broken shoulder, my mother is in a rehab facility 1:15 hours away.

Skeleton crew, due to staff shortages. Pervasive throughout the health care industry.

The feds and states have tinkered with rate-of-pay incentives and bonuses for a variety of industries since COVID.

Was a challenge in some lines of work pre-COVID. 40 years ago I figured 400% turnover rate in the restaurant industry.

Fact is people don’t want to work everyday anymore…..throwing more money at it exacerbates the problem….

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin

They got layed-off.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
In my area, I can get a three for me deal at Chili’s. A large cheeseburger and fries, soup or salad or chips/salsa, and ice tea or soda with unlimited refills for $10.99. McDonalds costs more for a lot less quality and quantity.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
*slides into home plate holding a Royále with Cheese (£17).

• Haha