I drilled into my ROPS......

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
There will be those that say that is NOT a good idea.......I aint one of them - I have a few small ones in mine too! Now there was a guy here who drilled small holes in his and place some of that liquid foam in there, to quiet the sound vibrations!

Lights look nice - and will light up the 'hood!!!!!

mpmitch1

Equipment
l3240 with 514 loader, forks, bush hog, disc, boom pole, FEL
May 24, 2012
madison
There will be those that say that is NOT a good idea.......I aint one of them - I have a few small ones in mine too! Now there was a guy here who drilled small holes in his and place some of that liquid foam in there, to quiet the sound vibrations!

speaking of vibrations, does anyone know what size screw holes these are on the ROPS. Looks like i can tighten a screw in there on the right and left side and it will stop the top half of the ROPS from vibrating a little.

Attachments

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
That link is a pretty good deal for those who don't want to deal with wiring. I'd suggest learning how to simple wiring projects so it will help you later troubleshooting problems.
I didn't drill into my ROPS I mounted a 12" and 20" light bar with u bolts and flat bar. The simplest and cleanest way I could think of is use a DPDT switch on the dash. Forward position the front light is on, rear position both lights come on. If anyone wants pictures of my set up I can email them directly

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
speaking of vibrations, does anyone know what size screw holes these are on the ROPS. Looks like i can tighten a screw in there on the right and left side and it will stop the top half of the ROPS from vibrating a little.
I have giant thumb screw type things (oem) to take the slack out of my rops when it is up.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada

What he said, but if they do light up the hood, just aim em a little higher, will light up the yard too.

Great job,will be handy in the dark hours.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What he said, but if they do light up the hood, just aim em a little higher, will light up the yard too.

Great job,will be handy in the dark hours.
Frank,

I wasnt talking about his "hood" ....:p

I was talkin' 'bout his neighbor(hood) - it was a use of cultural slang;)
(if you hang around too many of these youngin's - shoot - you'll start talkin' like 'em! Nawmean? :D:D:)

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I gota stop reading this thread,, youz guys is givin me chest pains

MaleHoe

Equipment
Kubota B2620 TLB, JD X495
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
Just make sure that the top bar isn't level with your head once it's shortened.
No there's plenty of room.

I'm only going to shorten it 2 inches. Kubota made it 7' 1" when my garage door is 7' as is most residential garage doors.

I refuse to constantly pull the pins since I'm in and out of the shop at least 4 times per day, so it's off the tractor now. So it's either staying off the tractor or it's getting shortened.

MaleHoe

Equipment
Kubota B2620 TLB, JD X495
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
I gota stop reading this thread,, youz guys is givin me chest pains
I'm 61 and have been on tractors of many types and varieties since I was 5, grandparents farm and on my place. This Kubota is the first to have a roll bar. Some how I survived. :D

It could be due to the fact that I don't do stupid stuff on the tractor and know it's limitations.