What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Using a set of chain harrows to clean up the yard.

20240413_113801.jpg

20240413_113807.jpg

20240413_115522.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not a huge fan of the Gator G6 mower blades, but they hold an edge well and do a very good job mulching leaves, which we have a lot of.

I think this is my third set, probably 2-3 years old. First couple sets had to go through some major house renovations that tore up the yard pretty good and they hit a lot of rocks. Better to just replace. Wasn’t the blades’ fault, they chopped up a bunch of stones….

Don’t have a lot of hours on them as a couple years were pretty dry. Nearly as new.

IMG_6731.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Changed the coolant, greased loader arms and top link of 3ph and greased the PTO on the shredder to be ready to go for the season.

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Greased up the deck and headed in to the swamp (aka yard) to mow. Power washed her and parked till next weekend. IMG_2152.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Greased up the deck and headed in to the swamp (aka yard) to mow. Power washed her and parked till next weekend. View attachment 126341
The retaining pin of the front left wheel of your mowing deck is missing and the wheel is going to fall off when you lift the deck. You can buy a couple of kits at Harbor Freight of different types of pins and clips for under $30 and have an assortment that will resolve all these missing parts each time you lose one.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'll be interested to know how much the MX takes. My little L calls for 6 quarts but it only took a gallon. To be honest, I did not look for a drain on the block. Working on a lot of Ford trucks, I know a good bit will hide in there. But, like my vehicles, I stay on top of maintenance. So if another 2 quarts are in the block then I'm not worried about it.
I drained and filled the coolant in the MX this morning. At least 7 quarts came out and about the same went back in. I feel kind of dumb though since I didn't do the drain and fill the way you did. I removed the radiator cap and expansion tank cap, removed the drain plug in the radiator and then removed the expansion tank, drained it and cleaned it.

I then used the new EWK oil extractor pump to draw a vacuum on the radiator, then used the vacuum to draw fresh coolant into the radiator.

coolant_2.jpg

coolant_3.jpg

coolant_4.jpg

coolant_5.jpg

coolant_6.jpg

coolant_7.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I noticed that the idler isn't idling. The belt isn't making contact with the idler when the engine is running. Looks like I need to loosen the bolt and push the idler in towards the belt so that there's contact and more tension on the belt.

coolant_8.jpg

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Not a huge fan of the Gator G6 mower blades, but they hold an edge well and do a very good job mulching leaves, which we have a lot of.

I think this is my third set, probably 2-3 years old. First couple sets had to go through some major house renovations that tore up the yard pretty good and they hit a lot of rocks. Better to just replace. Wasn’t the blades’ fault, they chopped up a bunch of stones….

Don’t have a lot of hours on them as a couple years were pretty dry. Nearly as new.

View attachment 126285

What don't you like about the G6? I had G5 on my 1880, but I can't find them in stock for a decent price. The G6 is cheaper and readily available.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
The retaining pin of the front left wheel of your mowing deck is missing and the wheel is going to fall off when you lift the deck. You can buy a couple of kits at Harbor Freight of different types of pins and clips for under $30 and have an assortment that will resolve all these missing parts each time you lose one.
Thanks. Nice catch. I will grab some when I’m in town

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What don't you like about the G6? I had G5 on my 1880, but I can't find them in stock for a decent price. The G6 is cheaper and readily available.
Can’t say I don’t like them. Like I said, on third set.

I just don’t think they’re super. Do like the way they hold an edge and are very good mulching leaves. They are pretty stout, and heavier than ORM blades.

I will likely continue to get them. Like you said, they’re pretty economical to use.

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Got my 20x30 "parking area/turn around" put in over the last couple weekends. It still needs final grading as there are some low spots but gotta wait to borrow the york rake from a freind for that. The neighbor came over with his Case 580 TLB and excavated approximately a foot down in the footprint area and put the excavated material to the side. Most of it is going around off the edge of the back yard near where the leech field is so I didnt want him driving a 14klb machine back there. The little B moved roughly 22 yards of recycled concrete into the hole and most of he 22 yards of excavated earth that was removed from the hole. She got a bit of a work out over the last couple weekends. All that remains of the excavated fill is the small pile in the background of the photos. Ran out of time today to move the rest of it. The yard is gonna need some cleanup and grass seed from the 2 million trips I made to the back yard but ill take that over a shovel and wheelbarrow all day
Yes, I used geotextile for this and tamped as I went so hopefully it will last

Attachments

Reactions: 9 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I drained and filled the coolant in the MX this morning. At least 7 quarts came out and about the same went back in. I feel kind of dumb though since I didn't do the drain and fill the way you did. I removed the radiator cap and expansion tank cap, removed the drain plug in the radiator and then removed the expansion tank, drained it and cleaned it.

I then used the new EWK oil extractor pump to draw a vacuum on the radiator, then used the vacuum to draw fresh coolant into the radiator.

View attachment 126347

View attachment 126348

View attachment 126349

View attachment 126350

View attachment 126351

View attachment 126352
That's still a decent vacuum. I'm sure there wasn't any difference in the end result.
Out of curiosity- were you able to fill the extractor prior to pulling the vacuum? That would make it super simple!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That's still a decent vacuum. I'm sure there wasn't any difference in the end result.
Out of curiosity- were you able to fill the extractor prior to pulling the vacuum? That would make it super simple!
I'm feeling really dumb today. Do you mean fill the extractor with fresh coolant, then draw a vacuum, then open the valve to suck the coolant from the extractor? If so, I didn't try that and didn't even think of that. I had tunnel vision today after reading the Schwaben "manual" and was so tickled to discover that it would work with the EWK extractor that I didn't think of much else. I will do better when I swap out the coolant in the M6060 later this month .... maybe. :giggle:

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Put my belly mower back on. What a PITA. Would like to shoot the silly son of a bitch who designed this. Comes off easy. Took half a day to get it back on. Whatever happened to KISS (keep it simple stupid). Makes me want another tractor so I don’t have to remove the mower on my 1880.

Reactions: 2 users