Suddenly dead in tall grass

ZeekLumpkins

Equipment
Kubota 2620
Oct 1, 2022
So, you have never checked the hydraulic oil level?
Have you checked the oil level in the front axle?
Twist the yellow dipstick and pull on it to remove it. While it is out, put some hydraulic oil on the o-rings before reinserting it. The front axle dipstick is removed the same way.
Guilty but no longer. To be honest I thought that thing was like some kinda button knob to engage some mystic feature if the tractor I never used...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ZeekLumpkins

Equipment
Kubota 2620
Oct 1, 2022
Either CAREFULLY pull out the yellow dip sticks OR have a BIG box of bandaids handy !!!
I use pliers and a slow, methodical /slight rocking,twisting motion while pulling up.
Maybe there's a better way,but so far been lucky to NOT need bandaids .
I will find out today, hose clamps, replacement fluid and a nice day outside....

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Sounds obvious that you haven’t ever read your owners manual if you have never checked your fluid levels. No would be a great time to start reading it before you cause more damage to your tractor.

ZeekLumpkins

Equipment
Kubota 2620
Oct 1, 2022
Back up and running! The stick was on tight but gave way finally. hose put in place and clamped down, I got in about 3 1/2 gallons so far and it was good enough to get it out of the field where I can get the belly mower off. Thank you for all the help!

Reactions: 1 user