Sudden MX5200 hydraulic leak issue

islandLifePNW

Equipment
MX5200
May 25, 2023
Washington
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice how to address a leaking connection on my mx5200 w/ LA1065 front bucket

I had the tractor out doing work and on my way back once I got on my gravel drive, I noticed I was leaving behind a trail of hydraulic fluid. I traced the problem back to line that connects into the right side of the main block. My guess, I'm a parts newbie, is that it's related to the front loader system. Anyways the line connection has popped out of its fitting into the block, so oil is just leaking right out of it. I've put some pictures here in the post of the culprit connection, so I'm hoping someone has advice or instructions how to properly fit this back together. I looks like it's got a rubber gasket so it's a friction/pressure fit, but it's a very tight area to work in, so I appreciate any advice here before I go disassembling things :)

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice how to address a leaking connection on my mx5200 w/ LA1065 front bucket

I had the tractor out doing work and on my way back once I got on my gravel drive, I noticed I was leaving behind a trail of hydraulic fluid. I traced the problem back to line that connects into the right side of the main block. My guess, I'm a parts newbie, is that it's related to the front loader system. Anyways the line connection has popped out of its fitting into the block, so oil is just leaking right out of it. I've put some pictures here in the post of the culprit connection, so I'm hoping someone has advice or instructions how to properly fit this back together. I looks like it's got a rubber gasket so it's a friction/pressure fit, but it's a very tight area to work in, so I appreciate any advice here before I go disassembling things :)

Thank you in advance!
Hard to tell from tje pictures but my guess is thats a low pressure tank return. You have factory remotes by any chance?

Dan

islandLifePNW

Equipment
MX5200
May 25, 2023
Washington
Hard to tell from tje pictures but my guess is thats a low pressure tank return. You have factory remotes by any chance?

Dan
I appreciate you having a look & replying!

Yeah, it's behind the connection block that appears to feed my front remote (I just have a loader). I added a few more wider pictures.

I'm assuming I have to disassemble the grey block with the hoses going forward, but if this is a low pressure return, do just persuade (push with force) it back into it's connection or is there more to it?

Thank you!

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I appreciate you having a look & replying!

Yeah, it's behind the connection block that appears to feed my front remote (I just have a loader). I added a few more wider pictures.

I'm assuming I have to disassemble the grey block with the hoses going forward, but if this is a low pressure return, do just persuade (push with force) it back into it's connection or is there more to it?

Thank you!
Thats not what I was expecting.

The aluminum block with three hoses going forward is the hydraulic outlet block for the loader. One of the hoses is tank return for the loader.

Based on the location of the bucket I assume the problem is behind that outlet block. I need to look at a parts diagram to see whats back there.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here is the parts breakdown for the outlet block. I cant be sure but good chance your problem is the tank return pipe - number 160 in the diagram. It appears to be a friction fit with oring where it goes into the opening in the case. Any chance you drove over something that snagged it? If thats the location it should be easy to access by removing the outlet block. I suggest you also check the transmosdion fluid level. Seems like quite a bit would leak out of that opening....

Dan

1000003021.jpg

islandLifePNW

Equipment
MX5200
May 25, 2023
Washington
Hey Dan, thank you.

I don't recall catching anything on that side of the tractor, but maybe something came up as I was working in the wooded part of the property. Thank you for pointing out the part number and the diagram, this really helps.

And oh yeah the fluid loss is big. I put a bucket under it as soon as I parked it and it's not getting moved until I fix this.

Thank you again!

Cheers,

Ken