Skeets, I didn't want it!!!!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Ahh, street rod. Never did get to build one, but have had an engine for 20 years. I wrecked my Dad's 68 ford truck with a 360 cid in it. I had to buy him another truck,( imagine a teenager doing that today) but I got to keep the eng. I put a 427 cam and dual pint distributor in it and put it in a 64 galixie. Fastest I have ever been on 4 wheels. Wasn't fast on take off, but would just not stop turning. 20 years ago , I found another 360 and got to thinking about tunnell ram intake, 428 cj heads and overdrive transmissions with that 360. Needless to say, I just threw that eng on the scrape pull this week, time has run out. Go for it , Wildfire.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Ahh, street rod. Never did get to build one, but have had an engine for 20 years. I wrecked my Dad's 68 ford truck with a 360 cid in it. I had to buy him another truck,( imagine a teenager doing that today) but I got to keep the eng. I put a 427 cam and dual pint distributor in it and put it in a 64 galixie. Fastest I have ever been on 4 wheels. Wasn't fast on take off, but would just not stop turning. 20 years ago , I found another 360 and got to thinking about tunnell ram intake, 428 cj heads and overdrive transmissions with that 360. Needless to say, I just threw that eng on the scrape pull this week, time has run out. Go for it , Wildfire.
Sorry to hear you didn't get to build your rod.
I've pondered the rod build for a few years now. I gave myself a little time before doing one just in case I changed my mind but it's still on my mind so I guess it's just as well to gear up for it. I'll need a dedicated shop first so that will happen next summer.
Had to put the BX back it's it stable. I got a full day modding it yesterday but tonight we got a storm warning and there's a pile of snow on the way tonight so I but the Grand L in the shop where it's nice and warm and it will be plowing snow tomorrow.

Attachments

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I got about 16", fluffy power my @ss! Plus some nice wind packed drifts.:mad:

Wildfire

Equipment
I got about 16", fluffy power my @ss! Plus some nice wind packed drifts.:mad:

Ya that can be nasty stuff. I'm looking out the window and it's falling down in 4x8' sheets. It's supposed to do this all night then turn to rain then back to snow again.
Glad I'm not doing this snow clearing commercially anymore. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
15 tonight that like -14c and wind is like 20 to 30 so the wind chill is well below 0 and I don't care F or C that's freeeeeekkkkkin cold:eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Oh yeah sure it's always about you huh,,,:D,,
How much of that stuff did you guys get, it seems the weather just went around the ridge line here, north and south of us, snow to the north and rain to the south and we didn't get much of anything, not enough to cover the grass. And trust me my friend that seat gets realllly cold on the BX,,lol

Wildfire

Equipment
Oh yeah sure it's always about you huh,,,:D,,
How much of that stuff did you guys get, it seems the weather just went around the ridge line here, north and south of us, snow to the north and rain to the south and we didn't get much of anything, not enough to cover the grass. And trust me my friend that seat gets realllly cold on the BX,,lol
:D Well we got a pretty good dump of snow. To make matters worst it started to rain making clean up pretty tough for those without a tractor. More on the way for Wednesday and Saturday. :eek:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Wildfire, can you aim that snow blower at the reindeer. I would like to see if they can really fly!:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes Sir you got a bunch, its suppose to be like 50 some here toward the week end sooooo just to be nice I ll send that your way too:D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
PFFFT supposed to be a high of 75 here on Sunday. I sware mother nature is bi-polar here in Virginia! I think shes off her meds again...

Wildfire

Equipment
Well we had another friggen storm last night with wind warnings. It was a nasty night but it turned to freezing rain so this morning I had to take Killer out again. More snow on the way for tomorrow night.
Glad I'm not doing this commercially anymore.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just a dumb question but why did ya give that up,, don't like getting up early :D

Wildfire

Equipment
Just a dumb question but why did ya give that up,, don't like getting up early :D
Well to tell the truth it was a little bit of what you said plus the fact that the rules changed in my contract. The owner of the property stated that they didn't want any snow clearing done during the weekends no matter how much snow fell. Well that created a bit of an issue for me because my argument was IF we had snow on a Friday night and Saturday morning it started to rain then turned cold and it turned into pure ice I'd never move it come Monday morning plus the fact I'd have to get up around 2am Monday morning to start clearing it.

It just didn't make sense and they insisted it was to be that way so I withdrew my bid and it ended a 22 year run of me snow clearing. Our shop has seen record amounts of work these last two years, snow clearing was becoming more of a hindrance anyway so it was a good time to get out.

Since then we've been offered a larger snow clearing contract but I declined. The 5740 got 142 hours on it and its new and I'll keep it that way using it like this ;)

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
That sounds like the typical "managers" nowadays. No clue about how work is done and problems, but make decisions that the workflow brake down...
This kind of "MBA's" are more Master of Business Armageddon for a some companies. The good thing is that they will destroy their job, the bad thing much more good workers have to find something new... :mad:

carl