Safety Thing on L3710 Forward/Reverse Pedal?

unioncreek

Equipment
Kubota L3710 GST
Nov 1, 2023
WA
I don't know what a glide transmission is. I have a hydrostatic transmission.
I have a L3710 GST (Glide Shift), It’s Kubota version of a power shift. I have the shuttle shift on mine so I never have to use the clutch.

Bob

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
Here's something someone just told me:

If your tractor will not start but you can wiggle the hydro-stat pedal back and forth and get it to start then here is your problem. The cut out/safety switch is located up underneath the tractor by the pedal toward the rear tire. That switch can fail by the tabs that hold the cover on it letting go. This lets the switch move within the case its in. Either replace the switch or pull it off and repair it. I used JB weld epoxy to keep it in place. Put it back on and no problems now for months.

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
Man, this is amazing. "It's not there." "It's definitely there." "Keep looking." "Give up." Looks like I found a very controversial problem to ask about.

I truly appreciate the replies and the effort. I will be going back under the tractor in a few days.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Man, this is amazing. "It's not there." "It's definitely there." "Keep looking." "Give up." Looks like I found a very controversial problem to ask about.

I truly appreciate the replies and the effort. I will be going back under the tractor in a few days.
The guys mean well, but they muddy the waters when they think our 20+ year old machines are built like their new ones. I'll spare you the trouble of crawling under the machine for the 10th time to find the hens teeth.

There are technically two locations your neutral safety switch could be. The first location is at the HST range shift linkage. This is quite rare and was only used on the earliest of Grand L10's produced, probably 98 or early 99 models. I suspect this was unreliable due to the amount of play the shift mechanism has. The advantage would be you can start the machine while standing on the ground (like GST models)

The second and much more common NSS location is at the clutch pedal itself. You have to rip the dash apart to access it. These switches are generally reliable. Please see attached pics for better understanding of location.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
Thanks.

I had some work done on my back, so I won't be using a creeper for a bit, but when I am ready, I'll report.

• Love