Quick Hitch advice please

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I saw recently that Good Works Tractors is now selling their own quick hitch that does not require adding bushings to all of your attachments like most do.
They've been selling the SpeeCo brand for a few years now that doesn't require bushings for a Cat 1 implement.

Good Works Tractor Co. is a great company and Courtney is a class act, and if I were in the market for another Quick Hitch I'd probably buy the one that you mentioned. It's on sale for $299 and looks like a good product.

GWTC_QH.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd love to see a CAT1 tractor USE a CAT3 implement !!
My gut's telling me the bottom implement 'hook' is CAT3 as the manufacturer finds this to be the cheapest 'way to market'...a 'one size fits all' deal. Maybe in the 'fine print' they say adapters may be needed ?
They SHOULD be supplying CAT1 adapters though,free of charge.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'd love to see a CAT1 tractor USE a CAT3 implement !!
My gut's telling me the bottom implement 'hook' is CAT3 as the manufacturer finds this to be the cheapest 'way to market'...a 'one size fits all' deal. Maybe in the 'fine print' they say adapters may be needed ?
They SHOULD be supplying CAT1 adapters though,free of charge.
My point is that I'm not aware of any implement using Cat 3 pins on Cat 1 spacing, and "all" of the Cat 1 Quick Hitches use a Cat 1 spacing of approximately 28 in. on center. So what was Land Pride thinking? This might explain why the QH15 was somewhat short lived, and why the QH10 and QH15 were replaced with the QH16.

I kick myself for my lack of due diligence when I bought the QH15 sight unseen from the dealer in Wyoming. Had I bothered to look at the specs I would have realized that the QH10 at the local dealer was a better option, albeit for $200 more.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I have the QH15.

First, think about how often you will change attachments. I've found the quick hitch in the way to hook PTO driven attachments. However, I don't use them that much. I've also found that I need different top link settings for each attachment.

Second, the adjustable top link isn't used if you have all QH compatible implements. The adjustment pins don't tend to stay in. I like other people have changed mine to bolts. The boltheads and nuts are a bit in the way on hookup at times.

If you ever plan to upgrade to Type 2 implements, adding sleeves to your other implements isn't that big of a deal. Tractor Supply sells what you need for bushings. It's an extra cost, but not that much.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
So after some investigation, it wouldn't be hard to convert a QH15 to a QH16. Here's a Cat 1 to Cat 3 bushing sitting in the hook. I would need to cut the bushing in half along the axis of the bore, weld it in place, then add some material to the lock so that it limits upward movement of a Cat 1 7/8" pin. This would be much cheaper than buying a QH16.

View attachment 139894
I originally planned to add 1/4 inch to the ends of the locks on mine, but never got there, and so far so good. I have pretty much given up on the idea lengthening the locks.