Ordering a new BX23s - What advice can you give me, please?

StarsAndBars

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 4, 2024
Dixie
Yes, SSQA was an option in 2018, may still be. For sure get SSQA !

Also consider the B2601 loader + backhoe, NO MMM. Check the price difference. There are several advantages to going to a 2601.

Size matters. Can you mow using ANY rider ? An acre isn't that bad to mow with a rider. I can't see cutting grass with a BX23S isn't a fast operation, though others will know. You'll have to remover BH and LDR to properly cut the grass.

Also price in a large concrete pad to do the implement changes ! When designing house garage,insist on an 8' high door (10 is better). If you get a 7' door, you'll HAVE to lower the ROPS to get in, EVERY time. It just squeaks under an 8' door.
Thank you. I have a 60x40x16 shop with a concrete floor and a 14' and a 10' door. I think I am in decent shape there... :)

Reactions: 1 user

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I am using my RAM 3500 (Cummins - the best there is) and a friend's trailer to go pick mine up in Delaware. It's worth the drive to avoid the sales tax!
I'll tell you one thing ... that kid knows how to back with a trailer! Not really a kid actually ... almost 40.

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
My uncle bought the BX23 last year. He got the FEL and belly mower and weight box. And aggressive tires. Not the turf tires and loaded rear tires.
He wrote a check for $25.k he told me.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I did. 84 months for 1.9%
When Kubota sets up the financing where you live, the sales tax people will be looking for you to pay the taxes. Only way around that is to use an address in a state where there is no sales tax, unless you can get an agricultural exemption. Buying it in a state where there is no sales tax doesn't exempt you from paying sales tax where you live. That is why it is a sales and use tax.

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All that techno mumbo jumbo aside, let me give you some real life facts!,, First always and I mean always, when you come on after doing what ever with the little beasty, sit and look like your arse is draggin, ,, second always have a bottle of water in the summer and make sure you splash your self all over so you look like you have been hard at it,, and lastly and maybe the most important,, do not, I mean DO NOT, let the better half on your tractor, lest a good thing is lost and by that I mean your one ness with your BX, cause you may have to buy another one just so you can play,,, ERRRRRI mean work :
Most of all have fun think everything through and figure all the dumb things that can happen and thin it through again,, enjoy the little beasty and welcome to the orange ;)

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
All that techno mumbo jumbo aside, let me give you some real life facts!,, First always and I mean always, when you come on after doing what ever with the little beasty, sit and look like your arse is draggin, ,, second always have a bottle of water in the summer and make sure you splash your self all over so you look like you have been hard at it,, and lastly and maybe the most important,, do not, I mean DO NOT, let the better half on your tractor, lest a good thing is lost and by that I mean your one ness with your BX, cause you may have to buy another one just so you can play,,, ERRRRRI mean work :
Most of all have fun think everything through and figure all the dumb things that can happen and thin it through again,, enjoy the little beasty and welcome to the orange ;)
Sounds like you've been in this situation. Please tell us more with pics.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My lovely Bride, may she rest in peace,,, got on the BX one day when I was out of town. She figured out how to get the deck down so far she could see the worms asses. And if anything got in her way, all bets were off. Blades and anti scalp wheels at least once a summer, but I never had to cut the grass around the house, over the hill and below the barn,, well I got that,, so yep been there done that and would do it again

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
A friend bought a BX23S and his wife went back to the dealer and bought a RTV1140C for herself. He upped the anti by buying a boat, and she bought a travel trailer. Then she bought a new Jeep to tow the travel trailer, and the trailer hasn't ever been used except for one night that they slept in it in the driveway.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
You are gonna love that BH.

I know I sure do.

Lets face it, noting beats a mini-ex, but having a BH on hand is priceless.

I would never have a tractor without one.

I totally get the 'rent a Mini-ex when you need it" train of thought, but I simply disagree.

Having even a small BH like mine on hand is way worth it.

Also the whole SSQA thing is Yuge. Gotta have it.

Good luck from Camp Copperhead, and most importantly, have fun!!!!

20231209_064115.jpeg

Here is a picture of my "free backhoe" and my $10,000 hat.

1000000121.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
Congratulations.

Personally I’d recommend go buy you favorite beverage for delivery day, and when the machine comes…(I’d go top shelf from Buffalo Trace distillery Kentucky bourbon, but there are some other types that would do in a pinch😉)you are going to be tempted to use it/drive. I’d recommend you take the manual and your beverage, try the new cup holder and make sure that works and then read the manual and make sure to learn and understand and identify all the controls / features and make sure all works…check tire pressure and lug nut torque. Hydrate with your beverage as necessary. Read the manual and understand it and if any questions bring the questions back to the forum and someone should be able to help.

then take some pics and post on the forum. Have a great take delivery day. Congrats! 🥃
And also check the front axle fluid level. I'd bet it's low.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I plan to use it for (rock) driveway maintenance,
For the driveway, get a RatchetRake. I am amazed at how much work I can do with it and how easy it was to learn to use it. I have heard that a box blade does excellent work, but takes a while to learn. Dunno, as I've never used one, but I don't think I need one since I have the Ratchet Rake.

I took a set of 3 decent sized potholes out of our gravel road in about 20 minutes, start to finish, and that was my first attempt at using it. The county comes by every year or two and scrapes the road and rearranges the gravel. In a couple of months, the gravel that was scraped into the potholes is back out of the potholes.

Using the RR, the potholes haven't come back for a year now.

If you have any digging to do, a tooth bar makes a world of difference. I've got the Piranha Bar, and love it, but I have heard other brands are good.

If you are going to be going over rough terrain and brush, get a fan guard.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Well, they haven't come back so far. I'm sure they will eventually, but this was an easy, quick fix.

I had planned to use my subsoiler to dig it up first, but turns out it's too big for my BX. So I tried the RatchetRake and it worked very well.