Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota LX2620
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
Hello everyone , Richard here . I have a 3 acre yard that I would like to do some things to and do the snow in the winter I’m purchasing a B 5200 manual drive tomorrow with loader . Hydraulics work but the tractor doesn’t move . Not sure why , it’s a ways away but the price is fair enough ( I hope ) that I’ll take a shot . Hoping it’s simple . I use to have a B7300 bought new but sold it and I’m missing it . This one is in my budget .

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Richard,

Welcome to the forum.

Go ahead and tell us ---- whatcha pay for it??:)

When you push in the clutch - does it have resistance? Does the gear shift go into the gear of choice?

We understand the NOT moving part - but can you explain what is going on as you go through the motions.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is always a gamble buying something that doesn't move. I see things like this as scrap or parts-priced tractors. Sometimes it can cost as much to get it moving as it costs to buy it, or even more. Think of this as buying yourself a big repair job.

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello everyone , Richard here . I have a 3 acre yard that I would like to do some things to and do the snow in the winter I’m purchasing a B 5200 manual drive tomorrow with loader . Hydraulics work but the tractor doesn’t move . Not sure why , it’s a ways away but the price is fair enough ( I hope ) that I’ll take a shot . Hoping it’s simple . I use to have a B7300 bought new but sold it and I’m missing it . This one is in my budget .
I think on that tractor you can see the propellor shaft from the underside of the trans tunnel. Check to see of its spinning with the engine running. No is good, yes is bad.

Dan

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota LX2620
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
Hi all , thanks for the welcome , $2500 is the asking price . I’m going there tomorrow to see it for the first time . I will check out underneath and do a little fiddling around . Any thoughts or things I should look for or try is really appreciated . Thanks , Richard

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
If it has a loader make sure it has a subframe no subframe check bell housing loader will break em then clutch is destroyed most likely just a bad clutch not a hard job
Hi all , thanks for the welcome , $2500 is the asking price . I’m going there tomorrow to see it for the first time . I will check out underneath and do a little fiddling around . Any thoughts or things I should look for or try is really appreciated . Thanks , Richard

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota LX2620
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
I think it does , looks like the loader setup that my B7300 had it’s a 1630 kubota loader , but what should I be looking for . I tried posting a picture but it said file too big . Thanks . Richard

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
I think it does , looks like the loader setup that my B7300 had it’s a 1630 kubota loader , but what should I be looking for . I tried posting a picture but it said file too big . Thanks . Richard
As mentioned check shaft see if it’s turning while in gear if so big problems in tranny shaft not turning means clutch not engaging check for tension on clutch pedal soft pedal prolly just return spring tight pedal usually signals clutch intact but have seen splines stripped or clutch plate shear good luck keep us posted

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota LX2620
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
You guys are great , thanks . Fast responses especially needing them for tomorrow . I won’t bug you all too much but do you think I should pass if it’s trans or reared related . I did ask the seller if he knew the issue but I didn’t get a response back on that question .

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You guys are great , thanks . Fast responses especially needing them for tomorrow . I won’t bug you all too much but do you think I should pass if it’s trans or reared related . I did ask the seller if he knew the issue but I didn’t get a response back on that question .
If your gut tells you to pass,....then pass!
Repairs/parts on an old tractor can quickly exceed the value of the machine

• Love

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If the seller doesn't comment, that means that he knows the answer and doesn't want to share it. I would offer scrap value in that case, and even then you might be paying too much.

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota LX2620
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
I’m 4 hours away and just looked at the tractor , shaft is moving and trans is grinding , did move a little in 1st low but just a little . Leaving there now without it . $2000 was lowest he’d go . What you think , I am able to do the work myself .

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
DustyRusty you are correct . He spilled the beans by telling me another guy passed ion it
He has a very old machine that does not operate and his pricing is not realistic.

My neighbor just purchased a good running low hour l3800D with loader from another neighbor that is moving to town. He paid $4000. The buyer told me he was debating because he did not really need it. I told him I did not need it either but if he did not buy it I would!!!

Dan

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota LX2620
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
They are out there , I’m in the suburbs so everyone wants 3 times that . I was still probably a good buy for me , I could fix it with eBay parts . I’m busy so it would sit a while till I got to it . It was beat up pretty good , if the loader wasn’t so beat up I would have bought it for that . It didn’t have things I’d like if I was going to spend a bit more money . Hst , power steering , and a little more horsepower . I just need to save a few more bucks or just go buy new . My 7300 I bought new with kubota financing . Under $300 a month . That’s not bad and I think it would still be close to that ( more months ) . I’m gonna keep looking . I got this great website out of the deal so it’s a winner either way . I’ll be trying to maneuver this site and maybe return the help in the future . Thanks everyone .

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
They are out there , I’m in the suburbs so everyone wants 3 times that . I was still probably a good buy for me , I could fix it with eBay parts . I’m busy so it would sit a while till I got to it . It was beat up pretty good , if the loader wasn’t so beat up I would have bought it for that . It didn’t have things I’d like if I was going to spend a bit more money . Hst , power steering , and a little more horsepower . I just need to save a few more bucks or just go buy new . My 7300 I bought new with kubota financing . Under $300 a month . That’s not bad and I think it would still be close to that ( more months ) . I’m gonna keep looking . I got this great website out of the deal so it’s a winner either way . I’ll be trying to maneuver this site and maybe return the help in the future . Thanks everyone .
IMHO you made a good decision!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Welcome to the forum. The members have a wealth of knowledge, and are ready and willing to be helpful!

I found this video to be informative. It is worth a viewing. Good luck with your purchase.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Just for giggles I "Built Your Kubota" - a brand new l2502 with loader

Put $4k down and finance the rest for 84 months and your monthly payment is $214.

Dan

Last edited:

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota LX2620
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
Crazy , probably the way to go . I don’t have car payments and I’d rather have a nice new tractor than a new truck ( $700 plus payments on the truck ) . I’ve been tossing it around for a few years .