Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota B5200
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
So I did an online app for financing for $30,000 and was approved . I’m thinking B series with a loader and turf tires , I’d love the backhoe because you’ll never really have the cash in the future to buy one . I’m going to do an online build , might require me to give up some hp to get it . Thanks for the push The Old Hokie . Should I be on a different topic . Thanks , Richard

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So I did an online app for financing for $30,000 and was approved . I’m thinking B series with a loader and turf tires , I’d love the backhoe because you’ll never really have the cash in the future to buy one . I’m going to do an online build , might require me to give up some hp to get it . Thanks for the push The Old Hokie . Should I be on a different topic . Thanks , Richard
I have had a true (dedicated) TLB since 1986.
Currently have a 2006 Kubota L48 TLB.
Many here will claim that a BH is not cost effective.
I use my BH only a very few times each year.
At 83,....would I want to be without it?
HELL NO !!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota B5200
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
Might have cut myself close on that finance amount , it’s around $29,000 without all the misc fees . We’ll see when I go there . The B7300 I sold I had the loader only and always wanted the backhoe . I had a rake and post hole digger that used very little but nice when you needed them . If I can’t work the backhoe in atleast I’ll have a tractor back again and I’ll be happy

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Might have cut myself close on that finance amount , it’s around $29,000 without all the misc fees . We’ll see when I go there . The B7300 I sold I had the loader only and always wanted the backhoe . I had a rake and post hole digger that used very little but nice when you needed them . If I can’t work the backhoe in atleast I’ll have a tractor back" again and I’ll be happy
IMO if you have a legitimate need for a backhoe get it with the tractor. Adding it later is almost as tough as adding a loader.

As much as I would like one I cant make a case for it. I dont have a regular need and for the times I did renting a full size TLB made way more sense both in dollars and digging power. That money has been better spent on things I can use regularly like a grapple and stump grinder.

Good luck in whatever you buy.

Dan

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota B5200
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
The backhoe is something I always wish I got when I had the B7300 . This thing will probably do more driveway cleaning than anything else once I get the yard back in shape . The kids have projects at their house that they could use it for . The oldest has an L series but I’m not the borrowing type . Implements show up pretty regular so I’ll go the used way on those . I have a mower so it won’t be used for that . I’m going to check today to see what I can buy and stay in that range . Could add some cash

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota B5200
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
Wow , looks like you can’t build on the kubota site and expect that is the cost , I think it was about $5000 more at one dealer and I’m waiting for another quote . Might be excluding the backhoe at this point

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Wow , looks like you can’t build on the kubota site and expect that is the cost , I think it was about $5000 more at one dealer and I’m waiting for another quote . Might be excluding the backhoe at this point
If you really WANT a BH,........ buy it with your original order!!

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I love my Backhoe, and after having one, I would not get a tractor without one.

It's basically TLB or nothing for me, but thats just my opinion based on my circumstances.

It comes in very handy and a little "unscientific poll" I posted a while back basically confirmed my suspicion that once you have a BH you will be very glad you bought it.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/backhoe-owners-poll.65214/

I know it is a lot of money, I think mine was in the neighborhood of 10K+ , but personally I do not regret it.

I wish you luck either way though.....Happy Tractor'n (y) 🍻

1720091475713.png

Reactions: 1 users

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota B5200
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
There is an L series tractor without a mid pto LX2620SU that is a tractor loader package deal that might bring me into my price range , I don’t see me ever needing a mid pto , what’s everyone’s opinion . Also should I start this thread in the purchasing section . Thanks , Richard

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
There is an L series tractor without a mid pto LX2620SU that is a tractor loader package deal that might bring me into my price range , I don’t see me ever needing a mid pto , what’s everyone’s opinion . Also should I start this thread in the purchasing section . Thanks , Richard
I have never wanted/needed a mid PTO.

I do not need a mower though....I already have an attachment that I screw on the bed to get the grass cut..........

My personal opinion, never having had a tractor before, is that the L2501/2 is the "best bang for the buck" and has no mid PTO.

But thats simply my opinion. I am sure there are lots of LX'rs out there that love their machine as much as I love mine.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have never wanted/needed a mid PTO.

I do not need a mower though....I already have an attachment that I screw on the bed to get the grass cut..........

My personal opinion, never having had a tractor before, is that the L2501/2 is the "best bang for the buck" and has no mid PTO.

But thats simply my opinion. I am sure there are lots of LX'rs out there that love their machine as much as I love mine.
I share that opinion and its not my first tractor. I opted for a bit more HP with the L3901.

That said Standard L prices seem to have skyrocketed with the introduction of the L02's

Dan

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
That said Standard L prices seem to have skyrocketed with the introduction of the L02's

Yes sir, I agree.......Unfortunately this is true, but apparently so have "White Peaches, Taco Bell, bread, ammo, trucks, cars, electricity....... etc...etc..."

Basically everything is through the roof except my paycheck.

With that being said, I would venture to say that in 2029 we will be looking back at the "good ole days of 2024 pricing" saying "man I wish I would have bought a _______________ back then"

just sayin.......

• Love

Rnscustom

Equipment
Kubota B5200
Jun 22, 2024
Massachusettes
Thanks everyone , getting some great feedback , so what do you think , that lx2620su no mid pto , tilt steering , or cruise is just over $18,000 with the loader as a special package , might be able to add the backhoe and be in the range I wanted to spend