Messicks Oil Filter Review

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Neil put this vid out the other day.
Interesting analysis and food for thought.

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Neil put this vid out the other day.
Interesting analysis and food for thought.

[/QUOTE

Somebody other that Kubota, makes filters FOR Kubota, we just don't know who.
It is quite likely that whomever the manufacturer, they sell the same spec. Kubota filter under their own brand name.
I use Donaldson or Baldwin filters, because they are readily available to me.
Both companies are high end filter manufacturers.

Last edited:

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
I stick with OEM stuff on pretty much everything cars, tractor, and so on. Only thing not OEM in my car is the engine oil. Costco 0W-20. Even the coolant and trans fluids OEM as well. Not taking chances

#40Fan

Jul 21, 2022
USA
Amazon and eBay are notorious for selling "brand name" knockoff filters as well.

Reactions: 1 user

TheMurf

Equipment
BX1880.with loader and 48 inch deck. 1990 Gravel 12G Riding tractor.
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Yes indeed. There were a slew of "Motorcraft" diesel fuel filters that cost Ford owners a lot of money.
Yes indeed. There were a slew of "Motorcraft" diesel fuel filters that cost Ford owners a lot of money.
[ I will stick with OEM parts and filters. I'll pay the extra for piece of mind.]

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370: LA243&CW, 60"MMM, Cyclone Rake; incoming:chipper, flail, 3rd fn, 3pt T&T
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I just went to the Kubota dealer to get parts for 400-hour service, $236, including $145 for 5 gallons of Kubota Super-Duper hydraulic fluid. Everything was in stock, no wait, met the owner (great guy), and I'm happy to have a local dealer with great customer service that has experience with the machines, knows what they're talking about, and "runs a tight ship."

I also ordered a Land Pride 3rd Function kit...we'll see how that goes. (It looked like a cleaner install that Summit, but at a 25% premium.)

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I just went to the Kubota dealer to get parts for 400-hour service, $236, including $145 for 5 gallons of Kubota Super-Duper hydraulic fluid. Everything was in stock, no wait, met the owner (great guy), and I'm happy to have a local dealer with great customer service that has experience with the machines, knows what they're talking about, and "runs a tight ship."

I also ordered a Land Pride 3rd Function kit...we'll see how that goes. (It looked like a cleaner install that Summit, but at a 25% premium.)
I have the Land Pride/Kubota 3rd function kits on both tractors and had the same on the MX that I sold. I like the OEM kits regardless of any premiums.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

$145 now for 5 gal. of super UDT2 ?
Just 2-1/2 years ago, my receipt shows that I paid $102 ( incl 6.25% tax) per 5 gal.
I have not used it yet!
Maybe should sell for profit?:rolleyes:
"Bidenomics" is progressing wonderfully!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370: LA243&CW, 60"MMM, Cyclone Rake; incoming:chipper, flail, 3rd fn, 3pt T&T
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
$145 now for 5 gal. of super UDT2 ?
"Bidenomics" is progressing wonderfully!
I bought it "now" as gas prices are supposed to be going up, so by extension oil won't be less expensive next week.

The dealer suggested getting a under-shield from BXExtreme to protect the fan, and fabricating a shield for the front hydraulic boots. Thankfully he's trying to protect my wallet.

• Love

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I bought it "now" as gas prices are supposed to be going up, so by extension oil won't be less expensive next week.

The dealer suggested getting a under-shield from BXExtreme to protect the fan, and fabricating a shield for the front hydraulic boots. Thankfully he's trying to protect my wallet.
Gas prices have been declining in my area. Now down to $2.89 for regular unleaded.

• Wow

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Gas prices have been declining in my area. Now down to $2.89 for regular unleaded.
"Bidenomics" will soon reverse that decline.
Summer is coming!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is BXpanded and your tractor isn't a BK2370 unless it has a Burger King crown on the hood.

• Love
  • Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Auto-[In]correct technology is wonderful. Fixed, thank you.

Good thing I didn't tell the dealer I got something out of the BK line...
BK = You Rule….isn’t that the current campaign on TV? 😉

BX = glorified lawn mower @hagrid 😉. Just poking fun. I have a BX too…get a kick out of hagrid and he’s poking fun too…. think….🧐

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Gas prices are established by traders in the market, not the president. Also local taxes affect prices.
Absolutely. And our son was out here for Mother’s Day and began explaining current economics to us… follwoing the usual Fox News storyline about inflation. He was complaining about interest rates. Let me tell you…He is TOO YOUNG to complain about Interest Rates.
In the late ‘80s I was paying 14% on a home mortgage. THAT is a “high interest rate”

By 2008….when the economy tanked with Bear-Sterns, Burnie Madoff, GWB, and Sub-Prime Mortgages…that took Everyone into the Tank…. THAT was the definition of a Poor Economy.

Not today tho’.

It seems a lot of folks don’t remember Economics 101…. Supply and Demand. The unemployment is DOWN… Folks who want to work have JOBS. Good paying jobs these days…. SUPPLYING Product!
So they have MONEY.
People with MONEY are SPENDING…and retailers, fast-food, EVERYONE who sells stuff …is selling Everything they carry as Fast as People are buying it all…and the SUPPLY side is doing Very Well.

THAT means …since folks have money to spend and there’s plenthy of product to buy…..Sellers can Jack UP prices to take-advantage of it…..as Long as the SPENDING Side and the SUPPLY Side continue like it is. It Really Is That Simple.

Call it Bidenomics if you like.…. I know I can afford to buy what I need and also what I want….and I LIKE IT.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
When it comes to the petroleum industry the base cost of a barrel of crude oil determines the selling price of all the products that come out of that one barrel. More gallons of diesel fuel come out of a barrel of oil than gasoline, however, when you add in the cost of getting that crude oil to South America to be refined the cost of transportation makes it more expensive. In the US we refine crude oil into gasoline, and most of our diesel comes from South America. The only time that supply and demand change prices at the pump is when people drive more or they drive less.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Gas prices are established by traders in the market, not the president. Also local taxes affect prices.
You obviously do not realize that presidential policy/decisions have a major effect on fossil fuel production and pricing?

Last edited: