Messicks Oil Filter Review

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You obviously do not realize that presidential policy/decisions have a major effect on fossil fuel production and pricing?
Yes I do, but the U.S. produced record quantities of crude oil and natural gas in 2023, so U.S. oil production isn’t a factor driving up prices. Putin’s war removed vast amounts of Russian oil from the world market, driving up world trade prices. Naturally US producers are selling lots on the world market to capitalize on the reduced supply of Russian oil. Also, US oil producers took a big loss in 2020/21 and it is documented at shareholder meetings that shareholders wanted to recoup those losses. All of these factors resulted in a spike of fuel prices. But not reduced U.S. production.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes I do, but the U.S. produced record quantities of crude oil and natural gas in 2023, so U.S. oil production isn’t a factor driving up prices. Putin’s war removed vast amounts of Russian oil from the world market, driving up world trade prices. Naturally US producers are selling lots on the world market to capitalize on the reduced supply of Russian oil. Also, US oil producers took a big loss in 2020/21 and it is documented at shareholder meetings that shareholders wanted to recoup those losses. All of these factors resulted in a spike of fuel prices. But not reduced U.S. production.
What is the current status of the US petroleum reserve, ......and why?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
What does it matter? The military has their own petroleum reserves. This US reserve was established to moderate market prices in the 1970s because at that time OPEC was the primary world producer. It was used recently for exactly the reason it was established. It makes no sense filling it currently at high world market prices. At any time, the U.S. could have more petroleum than we can use and refill that 50 times over, simply by congress cutting off oil exports.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Absolutely. And our son was out here for Mother’s Day and began explaining current economics to us… follwoing the usual Fox News storyline about inflation. He was complaining about interest rates. Let me tell you…He is TOO YOUNG to complain about Interest Rates.
In the late ‘80s I was paying 14% on a home mortgage. THAT is a “high interest rate”

By 2008….when the economy tanked with Bear-Sterns, Burnie Madoff, GWB, and Sub-Prime Mortgages…that took Everyone into the Tank…. THAT was the definition of a Poor Economy.

Not today tho’.

It seems a lot of folks don’t remember Economics 101…. Supply and Demand. The unemployment is DOWN… Folks who want to work have JOBS. Good paying jobs these days…. SUPPLYING Product!
So they have MONEY.
People with MONEY are SPENDING…and retailers, fast-food, EVERYONE who sells stuff …is selling Everything they carry as Fast as People are buying it all…and the SUPPLY side is doing Very Well.

THAT means …since folks have money to spend and there’s plenthy of product to buy…..Sellers can Jack UP prices to take-advantage of it…..as Long as the SPENDING Side and the SUPPLY Side continue like it is. It Really Is That Simple.

Call it Bidenomics if you like.…. I know I can afford to buy what I need and also what I want….and I LIKE IT.
I bought my first house in 1987 at the prevailing rate of 10% interest. Rates are still comparatively cheap.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
What does it matter? The military has their own petroleum reserves. This US reserve was established to moderate market prices in the 1970s because at that time OPEC was the primary world producer. It was used recently for exactly the reason it was established. It makes no sense filling it currently at high world market prices. At any time, the U.S. could have more petroleum than we can use and refill that 50 times over, simply by congress cutting off oil exports.
You win!

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
No winning. I just like to point out that most situations are more complex than what the news media likes to portray with their quick snippets of information. I enjoy having civil discussions with you and other here in the forum. Have a nice evening. I’m grilling some barbecue now and getting ready to eat.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Google is your friend.

The “oil reserves” also known as the ”naval oil reserves’ …are NOT what the public Thinks.

FIrstly..it is Not some underground storage facility for military use in case of war.

It has been SOLD to private interests for financial manipulation and Gain.

But the important thing to know Today is….. the U.S. produces More Oil than it consumes…not like it was in 1973. We are SELF-SUFFICIENT as far as oil-production is concerned. The Oil Companies export and sell to Foreign Interests much of the domestic production for Profit.

So there is NO basis to argue that there is a world shortage of oil and / or that the current administration is at fault for gasoline prices.

Reactions: 1 user

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
BK = You Rule….isn’t that the current campaign on TV? 😉

BX = glorified lawn mower @hagrid 😉. Just poking fun. I have a BX too…get a kick out of hagrid and he’s poking fun too…. think….🧐
I stopped watching TV years ago; the dramatization of someone else's life pales in comparison to the sh!+ I do. :ROFLMAO:

While at the dealer i looked at a B and an LX... I'm so happy with what the little BX lawn tractor does I can only image what one of those does. BUT, I'm working on ordering Piranha bar...

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It doesn't matter how much crude oil the US pumps out of the ground, it is the fact that we haven't built any new refineries in almost 50 years. Crude oil is not gasoline or diesel. It needs to be a refined product and the EPA has refused to issue permits for oil refineries, so much of our crude is exported, and gasoline and diesel are imported. We need refineries, not more electric cars!

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
It doesn't matter how much crude oil the US pumps out of the ground, it is the fact that we haven't built any new refineries in almost 50 years. Crude oil is not gasoline or diesel. It needs to be a refined product and the EPA has refused to issue permits for oil refineries, so much of our crude is exported, and gasoline and diesel are imported. We need refineries, not more electric cars!
The U.S. has sufficient refining capability. A number of U.S. refineries have closed over the last two years as a result of pandemic-related demand decreases or conversion to renewable diesel production. https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/aeo/na...ies,conversion to renewable diesel production

While EPA upholds enviro-quality standards…the EPA is not the bottleneck preventing refinery construction. It’s a simple matter of economics. The U.S. refines about 18 billion barrels Each Day… the same amount of crude it produces. Conversion to alternative energy means decreasing demand for refined product. If more refining capacity were available, it would result in lower retail prices for the greater amount of refined product. Guess Who doesn’t like lower gas prices? (Hint: it’s not the administration)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
When it comes to the petroleum industry the base cost of a barrel of crude oil determines the selling price of all the products that come out of that one barrel. More gallons of diesel fuel come out of a barrel of oil than gasoline, however, when you add in the cost of getting that crude oil to South America to be refined the cost of transportation makes it more expensive. In the US we refine crude oil into gasoline, and most of our diesel comes from South America. The only time that supply and demand change prices at the pump is when people drive more or they drive less.
This is not correct. The US does not IMPORT most of it’s diesel.

U.S. petroleum refineries produce most of the diesel fuel the United States consumes. Most of the diesel fuel consumed in the United States is distillate fuel with a sulfur content of 15 parts per million or less, which is called ultra-low sulfur distillate or ULSD. ULSD is used as diesel fuel and as heating oil.” https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/diesel-fuel/#:~:text=U.S. petroleum refineries produce an,consumes biomass-based diesel fuels.

In actuality, Crude Oil which the U.S. Imports….is refined HERE and EXPORTED as refined product.
There is So Much B.S./propaganda thrown around by special interests it can be difficult to know the truth….and equally difficult to avoid participating in regurgitating it.

Last edited: