M7060HD12 Vs MF 4707

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I just talked with them. He said that unit came in around very end of 2023. Said we could order one from the factory, lead time about 2.5 months. I do like to keep my tractor under cover and am not in any hurry, so maybe I will request the fresh one.....:unsure:
Wise decision.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
Guys, help me out again, I am having a tire/wheel crisis:
Wise decision.
That is over 6 months sitting out in the weather (presumably). If they offer me a discount for the existing iron I may go for it, but for the same price, I think Ill wait. Thanks for that heads up.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Tractors, balers, semis, cars and trucks and a lot more equipment sits outside for 6 months or more before and AFTER purchase to no ill effect. Don't see an issue what so ever.

Reactions: 1 user

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Sure its only 7 months, but if its the same price for a factory new one, which one you gunna take?
The one I can get first. Factory new is factory new, as long as it is not years difference in ages. One already on the lot has more room for negotiation than when ordering. No different than buying a truck the dealership is sitting on versus having them ordering one. They are more motivated moving the one they have on hand. As long as everything is identical, 7 months for a tractor or truck on a lot is nothing.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Sure its only 7 months, but if its the same price for a factory new one, which one you gunna take?
You're the one paying for it so you should get what you want. That's really all that matters.

These days the price of an ordered tractor isn't locked in even with a deposit, so if there's a price increase between the time you order and delivery you might be on the hook for more than you expected.

The fact that you're in no rush to get the tractor gives you options and I would most likely place an order and add on exactly what I want in terms of options. I've ordered two tractors, and bought two off the lot and been happy with all four of them.

If the late 2023 model had the options I wanted and it meant getting the tractor sooner I'd have no problem with it sitting on a lot for seven months. If you're going to keep the tractor for many years it won't matter if it was made in 2023 or 2024. The tractor you order could have been made in 2023 too. As was mentioned earlier, tractors are dated based on the year they're sold, not the year they're made.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
There is always the possibility that a “factory new” delivered in 2-1/2 to 3 months from now is NOT going to be the same price if there is price increases.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I will revisit the situation with him next week. He did say they were the same price. But I will push him again on this, propose I would be willing to take the existing one but I expect a discount.

Not having the tractor for two and a half months is actually a benefit in my situation.

I will ask him also about price increases, although I am skeptical we would agree on a price and I would pay for it and then they would charge me more.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I will revisit the situation with him next week. He did say they were the same price. But I will push him again on this, propose I would be willing to take the existing one but I expect a discount.

Not having the tractor for two and a half months is actually a benefit in my situation.

I will ask him also about price increases, although I am skeptical we would agree on a price and I would pay for it and then they would charge me more.
In my country (NZ) if you pay for something and have a signed agreement, they can't change the price. I see people reporting that it happened to them in the USA. I'm dubious that they actually had a signed purchase agreement with a price and a down payment, as even in the USA I don't see how someone can break a contract (which is what a purchase agreement is). I'm sure you can get some certainty that they won't change the price if you specifically ask whether it's a binding legal agreement.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
In my country (NZ) if you pay for something and have a signed agreement, they can't change the price. I see people reporting that it happened to them in the USA. I'm dubious that they actually had a signed purchase agreement with a price and a down payment, as even in the USA I don't see how someone can break a contract (which is what a purchase agreement is). I'm sure you can get some certainty that they won't change the price if you specifically ask whether it's a binding legal agreement.
How is the situation in NZ relevant to what happens in the US? Short answer ... it's not.

If you finance a tractor through Kubota, you don't sign the paperwork and start the loan until you take possession of the tractor. All you do is put down a deposit, and all you can guarantee is that you'll get your deposit back if you don't end up buying the tractor. It is absolutely within Kubota's rights to change the price as you're waiting on the toy du jour to show up, assuming that you haven't paid for it in full.

During the supply chain shortage, many dealers weren't allowing anyone to pay in full due to extended delivery times. The dealership would eat the cost if there was difference in price between the time the order was placed and delivery.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
How is the situation in NZ relevant to what happens in the US? Short answer ... it's not.

If you finance a tractor through Kubota, you don't sign the paperwork and start the loan until you take possession of the tractor. All you do is put down a deposit, and all you can guarantee is that you'll get your deposit back if you don't end up buying the tractor. It is absolutely within Kubota's rights to change the price as you're waiting on the toy du jour to show up, assuming that you haven't paid for it in full.

During the supply chain shortage, many dealers weren't allowing anyone to pay in full due to extended delivery times. The dealership would eat the cost if there was difference in price between the time the order was placed and delivery.
So, if you pay for it in full then you get the promised price? As I said, in my opinion there's always a way to get a binding agreement if you want to.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So, if you pay for it in full then you get the promised price? As I said, in my opinion there's always a way to get a binding agreement if you want to.
Many people can't afford to hand over $50k in cash for a new tractor, or if they have the money don't want to for any number of reasons, so there isn't always a way. Sometimes the only reasonable option is to solve the problem in front of you regardless of what others think. For the vast majority, a tractor is a luxury and not a necessity, and unless you're making money from that tractor it will always be that way.