M7060 / LA1154 Loader

dhcole99

Equipment
M7060
Oct 21, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Loader boom/bucket lever is very stiff when raising boom and bucket. Started about 10 hours ago (1100 hrs on tractor) and has been getting progressively worse with movement being slow/hard to engage and will not release without manually moving the lever/joystick. When the boom and/or bucket do move the speed is usually ok. I find that if I go hard 3/9 or 12/6 (o-clock) response is better but inbetween it is a hard push/pull. Rear hydraulics to blade is fine. Any suggestions as to what is causing the issue?

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
Could be the loader control cables. Disconnect them on one side and see if the lever moves freely.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Ontario Canada has been having very cold conditions in some places.
Problems with cables freezing due to moisture inside has been a recurring issue with my M7040 rear remotes.
I removed one piece of interior trim to allow cab heat to get to the remote cables.

Tell us about where your tractor is stored and the local weather conditions.
Any way to get tractor into somewhere warm to see if things change?

I think there is a metal guard protecting the loader valve which is easily removed.
Disconnect the cable connection to the valve spool as JasonW suggests and see if the cable moves freely.
Forum LA1154 loader cables.jpg

Dave

Last edited:

dhcole99

Equipment
M7060
Oct 21, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I keep the tractor in an equipment shed that is open on 2 sides but I am not sure that the cold/ice is the cause. I have noticed that it has been progressively getting harder to move for the last month (above freezing temperatures) but really came to a head after moving a big dump of wet snow. I will take a closer look this weekend and let you know what I find.

Last edited:

dhcole99

Equipment
M7060
Oct 21, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Ontario Canada has been having very cold conditions in some places.
Problems with cables freezing due to moisture inside has been a recurring issue with my M7040 rear remotes.
I removed one piece of interior trim to allow cab heat to get to the remote cables.

Tell us about where your tractor is stored and the local weather conditions.
Any way to get tractor into somewhere warm to see if things change?

I think there is a metal guard protecting the loader valve which is easily removed.
Disconnect the cable connection to the valve spool as JasonW suggests and see if the cable moves freely.
View attachment 120340
Dave
Figured out what the problem was. I removed the lever/controller cover in the cab. I was able to see some corrosion on the tops of the pivots and there was some squeaking. Applied lots of WD40 then lithium grease to the controller and cleaned the pivots. Added WD40 to cables and links. It now works like new. I suspect that moisture and dust had worked its way up the cable and in the linkage. Something to add as part of my regular maintenance.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Figured out what the problem was. I removed the lever/controller cover in the cab. I was able to see some corrosion on the tops of the pivots and there was some squeaking. Applied lots of WD40 then lithium grease to the controller and cleaned the pivots. Added WD40 to cables and links. It now works like new. I suspect that moisture and dust had worked its way up the cable and in the linkage. Something to add as part of my regular maintenance.
Thanks for following up on this.