L2350DT Hydraulic Problem 3-PT Shakes

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
Looking for some help...
I have a L2350DT with a front loader. I installed the loader a couple of years ago. It is installed "in-line". My problem is with the 3 Point. When I lift an attachment it "shakes" or bounces. They only way to stop it other than lowering is to turn the Position Control knob under the seat to closed. Once closed, I can reopen and then lower the attachment. The tractor is Power steering. manual transmission, and has a FEL that I installed a couple of years ago directly off the pump. As I said before, it has been working without an issue for a couple years.......

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Looking for some help...
I have a L2350DT with a front loader. I installed the loader a couple of years ago. It is installed "in-line". My problem is with the 3 Point. When I lift an attachment it "shakes" or bounces. They only way to stop it other than lowering is to turn the Position Control knob under the seat to closed. Once closed, I can reopen and then lower the attachment. The tractor is Power steering. manual transmission, and has a FEL that I installed a couple of years ago directly off the pump. As I said before, it has been working without an issue for a couple years.......
My first thought is the pump is starving for fluid but just for giggles bypass the loader valve and see what happens.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
My first thought is the pump is starving for fluid but just for giggles bypass the loader valve and see what happens.

Dan
I am no mechanic let me say that first. But, I have no issues with the Power Steering or the FEL and operating either of those at the same time as the 3 pt. has no effect on the 3 Pt.

One thing I did notice. There are two places to add hydraulic fluid. One between the seat and the gear shift and another at the rear of the tractor. When I removed the cap of the one at the seat/shifter it pushed some fluid out.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am no mechanic let me say that first. But, I have no issues with the Power Steering or the FEL and operating either of those at the same time as the 3 pt. has no effect on the 3 Pt.

One thing I did notice. There are two places to add hydraulic fluid. One between the seat and the gear shift and another at the rear of the tractor. When I removed the cap of the one at the seat/shifter it pushed some fluid out.
We could guess forever and never find the answer.. Eliminating complications narrows the field.

There are a lot of unknowns in your description. For example is your loader valve plumbed as power beyond and does ot have an inlet pressure reief? Hopefully the answer is YES to both.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

If you opened the fill in the front and fluid came out, it's drastically over full!
And pictures of how you have the loader hooked up to the hydraulics would really help!

That model is different then others of the same series, and does not have the normal Hydraulic block to tap the loader into.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That model is different then others of the same series, and does not have the normal Hydraulic block to tap the loader into.

He said direct connect to pump so apparently DIY and first thing in the circuit. Depending on the plumbing that could interfere with the PS.

Dan

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If you opened the fill in the front and fluid came out, it's drastically over full!
Could it be the dreaded plugged vent tube?

That made fluid come out of the shift lever boots on my tractor while it was running but not when tractor was not running. OP didn’t state running or not…

Would a plugged vent get fluid so air filled (foamy) that it would effect the 3PH?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Could it be the dreaded plugged vent tube?

That made fluid come out of the shift lever boots on my tractor while it was running but not when tractor was not running. OP didn’t state running or not…

Would a plugged vent get fluid so air filled (foamy) that it would effect the 3PH?
Yes and yes, also a leak in the suction side of it will foam fluid too.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

He said direct connect to pump so apparently DIY and first thing in the circuit. Depending on the plumbing that could interfere with the PS.

Dan
From the factory the FEL and Power Steering share hydraulics (with the P/S having priority)

But I've never had that affect the 3 pt on mine.

IF the fluid for the 3 pt is 'foaming' for any reason that would certainly cause it to jerk/bounce.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
From the factory the FEL and Power Steering share hydraulics (with the P/S having priority)

But I've never had that affect the 3 pt on mine.

IF the fluid for the 3 pt is 'foaming' for any reason that would certainly cause it to jerk/bounce.
My point is he put the loader valve ahead of the flow divider which gives the loader priority over the PS. Thats not factory and just something to keep in mind.

This could be as simple as a clogged filter but why is it only affecting the 3pt and not the loader????

Dan

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Have you checked that everything in the feedback linkage is intact and free to move smoothly?
Edit, forgot picture
Screenshot_20240413-104738-108.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
My point is he put the loader valve ahead of the flow divider which gives the loader priority over the PS. Thats not factory and just something to keep in mind.

This could be as simple as a clogged filter but why is it only affecting the 3pt and not the loader????

Dan
Yes, I am, aware that the install is not factory. For my older tractor I could not find the "Beyond Block" available anywhere. In fact I had to have the loader built for the tractor. It has been in this configuration for almost 2 years without an issue, so I do not belief the configuration of install is the problem.

There is NO evidence of problems with either the FEL or Power Steering. It is definitely in the 3 pt. Above a Post was made of the Feed Back Lever, this makes sense due to the way it jerks.

The 3pt will LIFT without issue but once it reaches the top I have to completely close the DOWN SPEED dial. Same going DOWN, once I have the 3PT down, I have to close the DOWN SPEED dial or it shakes.

While it is shaking I can operate the FEL and the Power Steering works.

I'll check the FEED BACK lever and circuit tomorrow. TRhat seems to makes sense

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes, I am, aware that the install is not factory. For my older tractor I could not find the "Beyond Block" available anywhere. In fact I had to have the loader built for the tractor. It has been in this configuration for almost 2 years without an issue, so I do not belief the configuration of install is the problem.

There is NO evidence of problems with either the FEL or Power Steering. It is definitely in the 3 pt. Above a Post was made of the Feed Back Lever, this makes sense due to the way it jerks.

The 3pt will LIFT without issue but once it reaches the top I have to completely close the DOWN SPEED dial. Same going DOWN, once I have the 3PT down, I have to close the DOWN SPEED dial or it shakes.
Lpl
While it is shaking I can operate the FEL and the Power Steering works.

I'll check the FEED BACK lever and circuit tomorrow. TRhat seems to makes sense
I understand all of that and feedback may well be the issue

But here is a fact. With the loader valve where it is shifting any spool interrupts flow to the steering and the 3pt. Exactly what it does and how it does it depends on the plumbing of the loader valve. so the valve presents a complication.

Simple questions which you still have not answered. Is it plumbed with PB and separate tank return or not? And does the loader valve have an inlet pressure relief?

Dan

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
I understand all of that and feedback may well be the issue

But here is a fact. With the loader valve where it is shifting any spool interrupts flow to the steering and the 3pt. Exactly what it does and how it does it depends on the plumbing of the loader valve. so the valve presents a complication.

Simple questions which you still have not answered. Is it plumbed with PB and separate tank return or not? And does the loader valve have an inlet pressure relief?

Dan
Yes, I removed the loader from the circuit. Same problem. Loader Valve is plumbed as Beyond, from the builder. I didn't ask the builder if it has a pressure relief. I'll follow up with that question.

Regarding return tanks, I do not know. There are two locations for fluid to be added, over the transmission and over the rear-end. Both locations have to drained when changing fluid, BUT there is only one location with a Fill Level Bubble, that's on the side of the transmission.

Once again I do appreciate the help....

Attachments

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
I attached a copy of the circuit I found in the L2350 Manual. The FEL is attached in-line just above the Hydraulic Pump. I cut the line. I'll send pictures later today. Would a picture of the loader controls help?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes, I removed the loader from the circuit. Same problem. Loader Valve is plumbed as Beyond, from the builder. I didn't ask the builder if it has a pressure relief. I'll follow up with that question.

Regarding return tanks, I do not know. There are two locations for fluid to be added, over the transmission and over the rear-end. Both locations have to drained when changing fluid, BUT there is only one location with a Fill Level Bubble, that's on the side of the transmission.

Once again I do appreciate the help....
We know the circuit on the tractor. We don't know how the plumbing on your loader valve fits into that diagram. Just post a picture of the plumbing on your loader valve and it will answer those questions.

In the meantime disconnect the feedback rod from the lift arm and see if the shuddering stops.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We know the circuit on the tractor. We don't know how the plumbing on your loader valve fits into that diagram. Just post a picture of the plumbing on your loader valve and it will answer those questions.

In the meantime disconnect the feedback rod from the lift arm and see if the shuddering stops.

Dan
You can not "disconnect the feedback:" doing so will make the three point go all out of whack.

He needs to follow the WSM and adjust the feedback linkage properly.

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca

Dan

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Perfect. Your valve has an inlet relief but no power beyond outlet. Its feeding the PS and 3pt off the tank port.

Since its ahead of the priority flow divider stalling the loader will make both PS and 3pt inoperable. Apparently that has not been a problem for you.

it looks like the valve could be converted to power beyond and replumbed as it shpuld be but that wont fix the priority issue. The only way to do that is to move the valve supply to where it should be.

Since you have bypassed the loader and it did not fix the shaking problem the issue could well be feedback related. Adjust the linkage as NIW suggests and see if that resolves the problem. Hopefully it will.

Dan