Kubota L225DT

Jim67

Equipment
L225DT
Apr 29, 2019
Kernersville, North Carolina
Hello all! I just bought a Kubota L225DT the other day. Thought it was cheap enough, but after getting it home the hole started getting deeper. I knew it would need some fixing here and there but never thought I would need a part that is nowhere to be found. The 4WD doesn't work (thought it did) reason is the roll pin had fallen out of the aft spline shaft and was driven like that, which caused the female end of the shaft to just move around and worn all the splines down, male shaft too but that is available. U joints are totally shot,(thought an easy fix) anyway, I cant find the "prop shaft". I have the PN but not available so far. Any advise? have it made? I got screwed on this deal. Thanks, Jim

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Look for a person on this forum called 007kubotaguy and send him a private message asking if he has any of these parts. I don’t know why but he seems to have a lot of old tractor parts. Maybe you will get lucky.

You may try salvage yards like West Kentucky tractor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
The L225 had a bunch of one-off parts that aren't shared with other tractors in the series. Check the part numbers on Messicks' site to see what else might have used them to expand your search. Otherwise you may be looking for a custom solution; a really good machine shop might be able to help fabricate something?

Jim67

Equipment
L225DT
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks. I went to Messicks (spelling) and it said the original PN was not available so I clicked on the new superceded PN and it came up so I ordered it. I don't know if they really have it but the order went through.???????

Jim67

Equipment
L225DT
Apr 29, 2019
Nope!! Order cancelled. Part not available. Ended up going to a custom drive shaft place, and he actually found an adaptor that goes from 18 spline to 6 spline. Getting those and he will be able to fabricate a new shaft Assy with common size yokes and U joints. Fingers crossed.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Nope!! Order cancelled. Part not available. Ended up going to a custom drive shaft place, and he actually found an adaptor that goes from 18 spline to 6 spline. Getting those and he will be able to fabricate a new shaft Assy with common size yokes and U joints. Fingers crossed.
Yep, sometimes a custom piece from a creative tech or fabricator will cost less, be ready sooner, and work better too. Good luck!

I had the 2wd L225. It's actually a great capable little tractor other than the 'non-standard' parts (like wheels, etc) - mine had lots of pep, was in great shape, and it was a very useful size (small enough to get in tight spots, but big enough that you felt like you were driving a tractor, not a lawn mower). New owner uses it to run a small round baler. If you find another one, I'd grab it for parts, and it can get another 30 years of use.