It's a disease that has no cure..........WTF did he do now???

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
I only have a minute here so I'll shoot one quick piece of advice: on the circles, in order to eliminate the divots at the edge increase the lead-in distance and it will force the piece point further away from the edge of the circle.

Edit: For example, set lead-in distance equal to radius and it will force pierce point to center of circle.

On software, if you learn Fusion 360, you don't need SheetCAM. Fusion does both CAD and CAM. People who use other CAD programs use SheetCAM for generating their G-Code after they finish design.

I'll be back later and read your whole thread and see if I can offer any other advice. Gotta go take father to doctor now.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
What is the part that you made going to be use for? When can I send you my requests for parts to be made? thanks
It is simply a "test part" to see if it worked, mostly to see if my .DXF files and G-code would work, but 'overal" testing of the plasma cutter and table/stepper motors were also part of reason.

I randomly drew a few circles, rounded the corners, and explored using the "line function" to make a "curly shape". (y) (y)

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I only have a minute here so I'll shoot one quick piece of advice: on the circles, in order to eliminate the divots at the edge increase the lead-in distance and it will force the piece point further away from the edge of the circle.

Edit: For example, set lead-in distance equal to radius and it will force pierce point to center of circle.

On software, if you learn Fusion 360, you don't need SheetCAM. Fusion does both CAD and CAM. People who use other CAD programs use SheetCAM for generating their G-Code after they finish design.

I'll be back later and read your whole thread and see if I can offer any other advice. Gotta go take father to doctor now.
I have been using Sheet CAM for over 15 years and love it. One time buy and no future cost. I tried the Free Fusion but when they switched to a paid version lost everything on the cloud because it's just too expensive. I'm using Alibre now for plasma cutting, cnc routing, laser cutting, and 3d printing that was a one time buy.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Pleasantly surprised with the lack of smoke/dust with the water table. Plasma particulate is very fine and gets on everything including your lungs.

I see you are starting to learn about part tip up in your video. You will figure that out with experience. Enjoy your CNC toy!