Im new

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Great to know - thanks. I see there are 2 sizes of tires for the LX2610. does that contribute significantly to the ground clearance, or does the LX2610 have better clearance even with the same site tires as the B2601?
Having used both R4’s and R14’s I much prefer the R14’s and my tractor spends the majority of time in the woods. There are some people saying that the R4’s are 6 ply and the R14’s are 4 ply but that isn’t true. The R14’s on my 2502 are 6 ply so just as stout as the R4’s. And the R4’s will wreak terror on your grass. I have used my R14’s in mud, snow, and grass and they perform well in all. I have zero complaints.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Great to know - thanks. I see there are 2 sizes of tires for the LX2610. does that contribute significantly to the ground clearance, or does the LX2610 have better clearance even with the same site tires as the B2601?
The LX just has better ground clearance than the B (and actually, I think it's even better than the small frame L's) even with the shorter rubber. You should be able to find it in the machine specs. I don't have the oversized tires on mine, just the standard. My tractor just makes it under my 8' tall garage door with the ROPS up. I don't think that would happen with the larger tire option.

That ground clearance does come with a drawback...I'd suggest getting some rear wheel spacers (mine are 2.5") that make the tractor feel much better.

Cgreene

Equipment
N/A
Aug 23, 2024
Lyons, Or
Woods work? Yes. The LX has better ground clearance and will lift more than the B. Not sure if it would matter for the wood chipper but despite having the same net horsepower, the LX will make it at lower rpm with greater torque.

Get the LX (and some wheel spacers). Get the dealer to swap out the R14's for R-4's on the LX.
Why the R4 wheels ?