HST creeping forward

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
There is a procedure for adjusting creep in the WSM. At least for the BX that is. You have to jack up the rear and pull the right rear wheel. There is a Y shaped piece of metal on the side of the HST with a crescent slot and a bolt in the slot. You need to loosen that bolt and slid the metal Y one way or the other till wheels stop. Read the procedure in the WSM before attempting this. I did it on my BX2230 and It wasn***8217;t difficult. Hope this helps.
There is no such procedure for the 2650, not that I saw anyway.

This can be prevented by keeping the linkages lubed. But it appears to be a quite often periodic maintenance item and there is no mention of it anywhere in the service sections of any of the manuals. The omission of it being a periodic service item leads me to believe that it is not functioning as designed. I fear the these linkages being lubed will ultimately attract dirt and other matter that could wear out parts of the system. i.e. there is no provision to lube them, lube has to be applied that will seep into the joints. Which means it has to be applied liberally to the external surfaces of the components.

Last edited:

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Putting in neutral while warming up is an excellent idea from sheepfarmer. My hydrostat pedal got a little sticky a couple of years ago. Hit all of the linkage with fluid film, and have not had any problems since then. Just turned 1000 hrs on mine today digging out of the winter storm and is still working flawless. Hope you get it figured out.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Ive got FF here... Maybe Ill get it all warmed up and see how that does.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I've had to repair one tractor with this issue. It was owned by a snow contractor and it was pretty rusty due to the salt. I was thinking it was going to be a sticky linkage, but it was that hydraulic centering damper. Replaced it, problem solved.

Last edited:

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Mine was doing the sneaky creep earlier this winter. During the warm spell in December, I used the PB Blaster multipurpose lube on the linkage and it worked. Hasn’t tried to sneak away since.

I have started parking the tractor in the neutral range, so when I start it and walk away, I know for sure I will not find it out in the yard.

I snowblowed for an hour - just came in few minutes ago. Zero degrees outside. Everything working great (especially the heat in the cab).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I've had to repair one tractor with this issue. It was owned by a snow contractor and it was pretty rusty due to the salt. I was thinking it was going to be a sticky linkage, but it was that hydraulic centering damper. Replaced it, problem solved.
I checked that when it first started acting up. It works as its supposed to.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Guys... about 4 or so years ago I had the same problem on my 2000 B2410. It was clearly the roller as it was wore out and had lost at least two of the balls. I replaced it myself and it operates perfectly to this day.

Now here is the deal... according to my dealer I had to split the tractor to get clear access to the roller bearing. I came up with a McGiver fix that can get it replaced without splitting. Take a look at my thread for picture and narration on how I did it

I liked the discussion on current Kubota quality. My neighbor has a 3 year old BX that has been problematic for various reasons. I am not impressed... The last being when center belt pulley on his MMM came loose and trashed the gear box, spindle and pulley. Also... I have had opportunities to operate the new B Series units. I have taken very good care of the old 2410 and with that being said.... I would not trade my B2410 for a brand new comparable B Series tractor.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I kinda feel the same Butch. My B2620 has been so bulletproof that when the time comes for another tractor, I'll be keeping this one too. I won't be trading or selling it. It ain't going anywhere.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I sure can understand you guys liking your tractors and not wanting to give them up. When you get a good one, keep it for sure. There can be some troubles with any brand or model of tractor. Not to be confrontational at all, I have put over 1000hrs on my B2650 in a little over 4 yrs. Most tractor owners dont do that many hrs in a lifetime. The only thing other than regular mainteinance I have done on my tractor is lube the linkage for the hst a couple of years ago. And lubing linkages is really maintenance also. I would surely say that is really good service. I use mine for all of my mowing, snow plowing, box blading, rototilling, and everything else. It has been a workhorse and I have been extremely happy with the purchase. So years down the road when a new model comes out, like you guys, I will be keeping mine also!

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This thread should be a reminder to anyone who has a remote start on their tractor to always leave it parked in neutral!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
This thread should be a reminder to anyone who has a remote start on their tractor to always leave it parked in neutral!
Very true!!

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Over 2000 hours and counting... however I have to say I purchased Kubota Insurance just in case