Going Implement CrAZy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
ptwyz,

Let's see

Pulling stumps of several different sizes.

Cleaning up the "wood lot" section of our property.

Installing a pond kit.

Digging a water feature, or pond in a wet area of our property.

Putting in an access on the other end of our property including drainage
culvert.

Rerouting a new driveway.

Leveling and regrading around our house. (Probably fixing a few drainage problems left by the jerk who did it the last time.)

Preparing a new place for our 28ft box trailer in the trees, and an escape route for whatever moves it into place.

Preparing spots for chicken coops and runs.

Moving some bushes and small trees around our property.

Moving some boats, metal and other clutter that has accumulated or was pre-exisiting to our purchase of the property.

Preparing a pad for a trailer or motorhome setup on the far end of our property.

Excavating a fountation wall and slab for a garage/shop.

Tilling and replanting with the proper vegetation to make our chickens, ducks, and local wildlife happy. Also as an attempt to remove as much of the underground root system for the local trash trees as humanly possible.

Digging a moat. :D OK, so maybe not.

And I'm sure that along the way there will be plenty of hauling of materials and friend and neighbor work to keep busy. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh yeah, I also want to go out in the area and salvage a railroad switch which is down over a steep bank and bring it home as a decoration. Maybe there will be other neat things to salvage as well. Did I mention the wind turbine(s)?? Opps, and lets not forget the Groto to the Holy Mother.
WOOOOOW :eek:

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
ptwyz,

Let's see

Pulling stumps of several different sizes.

Cleaning up the "wood lot" section of our property.

Installing a pond kit.

Digging a water feature, or pond in a wet area of our property.

Putting in an access on the other end of our property including drainage
culvert.

Rerouting a new driveway.

Leveling and regrading around our house. (Probably fixing a few drainage problems left by the jerk who did it the last time.)

Preparing a new place for our 28ft box trailer in the trees, and an escape route for whatever moves it into place.

Preparing spots for chicken coops and runs.

Moving some bushes and small trees around our property.

Moving some boats, metal and other clutter that has accumulated or was pre-exisiting to our purchase of the property.

Preparing a pad for a trailer or motorhome setup on the far end of our property.

Excavating a fountation wall and slab for a garage/shop.

Tilling and replanting with the proper vegetation to make our chickens, ducks, and local wildlife happy. Also as an attempt to remove as much of the underground root system for the local trash trees as humanly possible.

Digging a moat. :D OK, so maybe not.

And I'm sure that along the way there will be plenty of hauling of materials and friend and neighbor work to keep busy. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh yeah, I also want to go out in the area and salvage a railroad switch which is down over a steep bank and bring it home as a decoration. Maybe there will be other neat things to salvage as well. Did I mention the wind turbine(s)?? Opps, and lets not forget the Groto to the Holy Mother.
Soooooo, what your saying is, your to do list is only for one weekend :p .

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Slim you got a good looking tractor and a heck of a backhoe. Definately enough equipment for your work thats planned ;)instead of pulling stumps that hoe will sure dig um god luck.handy

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Slim. Handyman didn't say it in plain words, but I will, a rammy rookie can twist a hoe, if not the tractor, in a hurry. I don't know if you have operated a hoe much, I have not, but I have seen lots of twisted hoes. Just putting the warning out there. And don't lend it to anyone, not even your wife.:D Dusty

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Thanks dusty you said it exactly dont loan it and be very cautious with the hoe. Slim has a very nice setup that can be damaged very quick. handy

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thanks dusty you said it exactly dont loan it and be very cautious with the hoe. Slim has a very nice setup that can be damaged very quick. handy
I agree. Loan it out and it will never be the same. Ever :(

Scott

digg71

Equipment
B3200 w/ FEL, Box Scraper, Post Hole Auger, 4' Rotary Cutter, Snowblower
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
That is one heck of a list of "to do's"!! I thought I had I bunch of stuff to do around our property this coming season. One thing for sure, once you get your Kubota equipped and set up the way you like/need it, you will probably never want to get off it...:D I am itching to get some stuff done at my place, still waiting for all of the snow to melt and things to dry up before I get started.

That is a nice machine you got there...;)

Jim

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
traildust, I looked and don't have any pics of me playing in snow on Kubota. I was usually to busy to mess around with pics in winter and my girlfriend wasn't in too coming out to take them....:confused:

I do have pics of snow up here and other pics of the B3200, but none in same frame....:(

Jim

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
traildust, I looked and don't have any pics of me playing in snow on Kubota. I was usually to busy to mess around with pics in winter and my girlfriend wasn't in too coming out to take them....:confused:

I do have pics of snow up here and other pics of the B3200, but none in same frame....:(

Jim
Hey Jim,
No big deal about pictures. The last thing I want is to start a guilt trip across the forum needing Pictures with every post. Soon people will not post because they don't have pic's and don't want to take any flac.

From the pictures you had so far in summer I figured your property must look really nice with the snow.

Later,
Scott

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
traildust, I feel no pressure from you whatsoever to "have" to post pics....:D Pics are fun, I know I really enjoy it when someone includes pics with their posts....:cool:
I would love to post some pics of my property buried by snow, I do have some pics of that, but there really isn't a place on here for just posting random(non-kubota related) pictures. Not that there needs to be a place either, I am just too new on here to tick off the moderators this early in my membership....lol
All kidding aside, this site is awesome! Moderators, thank you. Members, thank you too. Great peoples on here......:)

Jim

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
traildust, I feel no pressure from you whatsoever to "have" to post pics....:D Pics are fun, I know I really enjoy it when someone includes pics with their posts....:cool:
I would love to post some pics of my property buried by snow, I do have some pics of that, but there really isn't a place on here for just posting random(non-kubota related) pictures. Not that there needs to be a place either, I am just too new on here to tick off the moderators this early in my membership....lol
All kidding aside, this site is awesome! Moderators, thank you. Members, thank you too. Great peoples on here......:)

Jim
Jim, (digg71), you can post "Albums" on your personal page in the members list. That's where I posted my "not so much Kubota" pics for members to look at. I hope that's what that is for :eek: ...

Last edited:

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Why didn't I think of that?? Thanks for reminding me of that feature ptwyz.

I started an album if anyone is bored?...:D

Jim

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Why didn't I think of that?? Thanks for reminding me of that feature ptwyz.

I started an album if anyone is bored?...:D

Jim
O.K. Where do I start, First of all, nice sled :D , nice dog :D , and nice BUCK :D:D:D !!!

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Thanks ptwyz....:)

traildust, I am not sure how to post links, but just click on my username and somewhere in there you should see public info or something like that. The pics are right here in OTC.

Jim

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thanks ptwyz....:)

traildust, I am not sure how to post links, but just click on my username and somewhere in there you should see public info or something like that. The pics are right here in OTC.

Jim

It's all good Jim, I was just messing around. I looked at your photo albums and GREAT pictures you have. The snowmobiles look like space ships and you get some crazy snow...damn!
I also think you have a deer ranch as you are getting a lot of them things :D

later,
Scott

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Hi Slim. Handyman didn't say it in plain words, but I will, a rammy rookie can twist a hoe, if not the tractor, in a hurry. I don't know if you have operated a hoe much, I have not, but I have seen lots of twisted hoes. Just putting the warning out there. And don't lend it to anyone, not even your wife.:D Dusty
dusty-t, Does time on a mini excavator count? About 4 years ago we had someone trench and put in proper drainage area around our house to try to stop the wet floor in the basement. Since the excavator was here I asked if I could use it to try to get to some logs by making an access.

It didn't take too much to figure it out and learn how to use the outriggers to balance the machine while moving the logs around. Unfortunately I only used it two evenings after they were done and then they got serious about getting it back to the rental place. Of course in trying to place the dirt from our back yard in a different place they filled in my access and covered the logs I was trying to get to while my back was turned.

One more reason why I say, "I'll do it myself!" :mad:

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
I've been pretty busy with my coops and birds since I last posted. I keep my eyes open on Craig's List for tractors in my area and of course implements on the cheap, and Kubotas seem to be very popular along with a lot of classics.

I'm thinking about a tiller and rake to go along with all of the other things I'll need just for my yard. Hey I'll need to make a little money for more parts and accessories somehow, and a friend is already lining up jobs for me even though I have to get my tractor set up the way I want it.

I did get a call that my ROPS is in the other day. Now, Where's my deisel F350 dumptruck and my 7000 lb trailer? Talk about accessories. :eek: