Daily Chuckle

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
weed containers...at least that's what we my friends USED them for back in the day...;)
So I've been told......a long time ago in the restaurant business nobody took those to the FotoMat....they had other contents. :oops:

@Fordtech86 - - FotoMats were little booth-sized stores where you dropped your camera film off to be developed. After a couple days you could pick up your developed pictures.

Cameras back then used photographic film that had to be developed in a "dark room."

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
So I've been told......a long time ago in the restaurant business nobody took those to the FotoMat....they had other contents. :oops:

@Fordtech86 - - FotoMats were little booth-sized stores where you dropped your camera film off to be developed. After a couple days you could pick up your developed pictures.

Cameras back then used photographic film that had to be developed in a "dark room."
😂😂😂

I actually knew what the really were, my dad was a semi pro photographer when I was younger, he had a dark room in the basement and would develop his own film. I think inhaling them chemicals as a kid may actually explain a lot 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

In high school I took a "yearbook" class - I took a butt load of photos too - and was head of the darkroom. If I had a 1980 dollar for every roll of film I developed I could buy us all beers for the night.

Those containers had all kind of usage - some "good" and some "different!"

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
In high school I took a "yearbook" class - I took a butt load of photos too - and was head of the darkroom. If I had a 1980 dollar for every roll of film I developed I could buy us all beers for the night.

Those containers had all kind of usage - some "good" and some "different!"
lol, when I was really into photography in the 70's n 80's I not only had a darkroom (B&W and color) but also used a film back on my camera that loaded a 100' roll of film. When shooting at Lime Rock (CT) I would easily burn through the roll.
Then came the work of developing and contact printing, ugh. I was thrilled if I got 5-6 really good shots.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Had a tool that used photographic plates. A kid working the receiving dock wanted to make sure that the company was getting all that we ordered so he opened every single box and counted the plates. It took a few days for the Kodak rep and us to figure it out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Why can't you hear a pterodactyl going to the bathroom?
Because the p is silent.

Someone asked me "where did your wife go hunting?" And I said "Alaska".
He said "never mind, I'll ask her myself."

What do you call a lazy kangaroo?
A pouch potato.