Daily Chuckle

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Well, I don't remember if I posted this before but before this story fades again into the depths of memory, here it is.
In the very early days (1977) of the Space Shuttle program we had a lot construction and planning going on around the Kennedy Space Center but no actual flight hardware yet. Pad 39A was not finished but the launch tower was up since it had been recycled from the Apollo program. I was working on the orbiter mechanisms so at that time all I had were drawings and specifications to study and learn from.
I was told that we were getting two visitors from Houston that wanted to see our facilities. When they finally showed up, they definitely stood out. They were both very tall, they were wearing three piece suits with bolo ties and cowboy boots and hats. I was volunteered to be the tour guide. Everywhere I took them, everybody could guess where they were coming from. When I finally took them to the launch pad, the security guard at the base of the pad stopped us. I thought he was going to ask us to wear hard hats but he looked at the two visitors in the most serious way and said: "I am sorry gentlemen but this is not an oil drilling rig."

Reactions: 2 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Magicman, I am surprised by your post, as you may be the most prolific poster of fun things to read. Maybe I missed the humor in the previous political (in my mind anyway) posts in this thread…

Time to reevaluate on my part I guess. Still have difficulty in seeing the humor in letting murderers and rapists run free though (pretty sure they were included in previous posts)…guess it is just me? I probably missed the humor in the post that started this tangent. Wouldn’t be the first time…
Henro…the FUNNY part of those posts …. are that those people actually BELIEVE their own stuff.

St. Peter and Satan were having an argument one day about baseball. Satan proposed a game to be played on neutral grounds between a select team from the heavenly host and his own hand-picked boys. “Very well,” said the gatekeeper of Heaven. “But you realize, I hope, that we’ve got all the good players and the best coaches.” “I know, and that’s all right,” Satan answered unperturbed. “We’ve got all the umpires.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
A little bit of photoshop for the word "mask". Everything else on that line is in capital letters. Whoever photoshoped it, missed that point....
Regardless, I think they would get a lot of support....
Heck, who else noticed the font :devilish:. I was waiting for them to drop the sign.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I tried. Came back a second time but no luck. Can’t seem to understand this one. Not the first time…red face now.
he made two lines of coke on the driveway with the razor blade ;)

edit: toyboy beat me to it

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thanks to both of you. I guess I live in a different world than that. I get it now.

I remember not that many years ago the wife and I went to the doctor’s. We were asked if we used recreational drugs. I asked what’s that? A glass of beer or wine? True story, I had no clue, even though I have not lived a sheltered life.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Thanks to both of you. I guess I live in a different world than that. I get it now.

I remember not that many years ago the wife and I went to the doctor’s. We were asked if we used recreational drugs. I asked what’s that? A glass of beer or wine? True story, I had no clue, even though I have not lived a sheltered life.
I didn't get it either.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida

I had one of those "interviews" at the doctor's office years ago. The nurse was rifling through all these generic questions that had the expected "yes or no" answers and my mind was not into it. She finally get to one that somehow got lost in the translation from English to Spanish plus it must have ricochet a few times inside my head. She asked "Any violence?" My brain had understood "Any violins? And I almost said "Cello" since my daughter had one. After the last ricochet, I answered "no". I am not sure what the answer would be these days......