Continental engine

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Had this sitting around for a few years, finally decided to start picking away at it.
Continental y69 flat head 4 cyl. Wrapped in farmall metal. Was used to power pull behind international harvester balers and combines.
Got the plugs out and started soaking pistons. Locked up tight. If I can get it freed up and find everything I need to restore it I'll proceed.
Guess I have to get my pressurized gasoline and wire wheels ready. 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What are you soaking them with? ATF and acetone mixed 50/50 will be the best to break things loose. Add some every day for several days and keep the spark plug holes covered.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
What are you soaking them with? ATF and acetone mixed 50/50 will be the best to break things loose. Add some every day for several days and keep the spark plug holes covered.
That "mix" is OK, (like Kroil) but the acetone does not mix readily, and evaporates rapidly.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I wonder why Continental outsourced the enclosure to IHC? IH made their own power units of all sizes back in the day.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
I wonder why Continental outsourced the enclosure to IHC? IH made their own power units of all sizes back in the day.
They couldn't produce enough.

Ktrim

Equipment
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
That was my plan but didn't have any tranny fluid laying around. Didn't feel like running out again, wife had me running most of the day. Had a bottle of marvel put that in for now and finger tightened plugs back in.

GareyBarnett

Equipment
a6
Jul 25, 2024
Australia
The term "Continental engine" refers to engines produced by Continental Motors, a company known for manufacturi
Had this sitting around for a few years, finally decided to start picking away at it.
Continental y69 flat head 4 cyl. Wrapped in farmall metal. Was used to power pull behind international harvester balers and combines.
Got the plugs out and started soaking pistons. Locked up tight. If I can get it freed up and find everything I need to restore it I'll proceed.
Guess I have to get my pressurized gasoline and wire wheels ready. 🤣🤣🤣
The term "Continental engine" refers to engines produced by Continental Motors, a company known for manufacturing a wide range of engines for various applications, including aviation, automotive, and industrial uses. Here are some key aspects of Continental engines:

Piston Engines: Continental Motors is renowned for its piston engines used in general aviation. These engines power many small aircraft and are known for their reliability and performance. Models like the O-200, O-300, and the IO-550 are popular examples.
Diesel Engines: The company also produces Jet-A (diesel) engines like the CD