BX Front mount Snowblower?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Does anyone know if the 2750 is actually a good snowblower?

I know we don't have a ton of front-mounted options.

It's quite expensive so i don't want to go wasting my money on a mediocre snow blower simply because it's the only one available.

I have read reviews of it clogging.

I already have a nice walk-behind and it tears through snow.
I just bought a 2750D with my BX2360 this spring. I haven't used it yet, but its on the tractor now.

I had a JD 425 garden tractor for years. Had a 47in 2-stage blower, blade, etc. I really like the JD blower and set up better, but again, haven't used this one yet.

I wanted the blower since where I use it is steep in places (do some of the yard for the dog), and the configuration of the driveway/turnarounds is very wide. I did not want to give up a 4 foot snowblower, and did not want to go backwards all the while with a 3 pt. unit. I also got used to a 4 footer over 13 years with the JD - and we had some BIG snows here over that time.

Honestly, if you don't have an exceptional need for a 4 foot blower, its hard to justify the $2-$3K. I had an ancient Montgomery Ward 24 inch walk-behind unit when we had the "Blizzard of '93," and did just fine. Of course, back then I had a 150lb dog that could plow through anything. Boxers ain't so good at it!

I thought about doing drive with the loader bucket or blade. But I've done enough driveways with a pickup. Sometimes its a lot easier to move snow once than twice, thrice, etc. The way our house sits, a snowblower is the way to go. What type of snowblower is the only question.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
I just bought a 2750D with my BX2360 this spring. I haven't used it yet, but its on the tractor now.

I had a JD 425 garden tractor for years. Had a 47in 2-stage blower, blade, etc. I really like the JD blower and set up better, but again, haven't used this one yet.

I wanted the blower since where I use it is steep in places (do some of the yard for the dog), and the configuration of the driveway/turnarounds is very wide. I did not want to give up a 4 foot snowblower, and did not want to go backwards all the while with a 3 pt. unit. I also got used to a 4 footer over 13 years with the JD - and we had some BIG snows here over that time.

Honestly, if you don't have an exceptional need for a 4 foot blower, its hard to justify the $2-$3K. I had an ancient Montgomery Ward 24 inch walk-behind unit when we had the "Blizzard of '93," and did just fine. Of course, back then I had a 150lb dog that could plow through anything. Boxers ain't so good at it!

I thought about doing drive with the loader bucket or blade. But I've done enough driveways with a pickup. Sometimes its a lot easier to move snow once than twice, thrice, etc. The way our house sits, a snowblower is the way to go. What type of snowblower is the only question.
I got the Ariens 30" Platinum out tonight to get it ready for this winter. (We're getting a dusting tonight).

I'm realizing just how small it is. I used my range finder - my driveway is 90 yards to the road.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Does the impeller blade have a big gap between the blade and the cylinder?

I've modified my walk-behind snowblower to close up the gap and it works great.

I'm really itching to by thing...but it's so damn expensive.

Are people having problems with this unit?

I can buy a lightly used lawn tractor with a snowblower, bagger, and mowing deck for under 3k.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Does the impeller blade have a big gap between the blade and the cylinder?

I've modified my walk-behind snowblower to close up the gap and it works great.

I'm really itching to by thing...but it's so damn expensive.

Are people having problems with this unit?

I can buy a lightly used lawn tractor with a snowblower, bagger, and mowing deck for under 3k.
Don't know the clearance of the fan to the housing. But, I have used it twice so far in 3" of real heavy wet snow - no problems at all.

I liked the shoes on the JD unit much better than the Kubota blower.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Don't know the clearance of the fan to the housing. But, I have used it twice so far in 3" of real heavy wet snow - no problems at all.

I liked the shoes on the JD unit much better than the Kubota blower.
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet. Just so damn expensive.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah just about 2.5K here too,, I would love to have one, but I guess the blade is just going to have to do for a while,, like forever,, lol

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I did check clearance of the fan to housing - 1/4"

My driveway is stone. I've skinned up the paint inside the housing just a little already, but that happens. Used the 47" JD snowblower for 12 or 13 years.

The old unit had hydraulic chute rotation, but this one is manual. Miss that already, but could not justify the $800 option.

The JD shoes were on the sides, with bolt holes in the bell of the blower. The were several options to mount them, both inside and outside the bell, which gave different height settings. Much better that the friction-tight slots on these shoes.

My Kubota unit was $2,100 or so (if I remember right). I got it in a crate and boxes and assembled myself. I think it saved me $300. I did buy mine from a friend, so I may have gotten an option others won't get offered.

northcop

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 11, 2013
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
I have the BX2755HD. It is a monster! Just got to use it a couple times last week, it ripped through the snow like nothing. Throws the snow far, the hydraulic chute rotation is quick and snappy. The cost was a lot with the quick attach, drive shaft and blower it was a hefty price tag of 4500. Worth every penny though. Going from plowing my obscenely long driveway with an ATV to this is simply blissful. The whole thing is heavy duty, all steel construction, easy removal and installation. Hope this helps.

blower.jpg !!

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
I did check clearance of the fan to housing - 1/4"

My driveway is stone. I've skinned up the paint inside the housing just a little already, but that happens. Used the 47" JD snowblower for 12 or 13 years.

The old unit had hydraulic chute rotation, but this one is manual. Miss that already, but could not justify the $800 option.

The JD shoes were on the sides, with bolt holes in the bell of the blower. The were several options to mount them, both inside and outside the bell, which gave different height settings. Much better that the friction-tight slots on these shoes.

My Kubota unit was $2,100 or so (if I remember right). I got it in a crate and boxes and assembled myself. I think it saved me $300. I did buy mine from a friend, so I may have gotten an option others won't get offered.

1/4" is large enough to warrant closing it up. It'll help with slush and also supposedly with clogging.

I've modified my walk-behind snowblower and closing up that gap makes a noticeable difference.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I bought it...only they are out of the driveshaft and halfshaft to connect to mid-pto...and we are getting a storm on Saturday into Sunday.

Sucks.
Good for you!

It does suck they don't shafts. That's a time you want to "get the shaft!"

Here in Upstate NY they are talking 3-10", depending on where you are.

But at least we are not the snowbelt downwind of Lake Ontario. They've gotten 3 or 4 feet the last couple days. We just had a snow band come through here with a quick 2".

All depends on wind direction. Since Wednesday its been off off Lake Erie. Its unusual this far east.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Good for you!

It does suck they don't shafts. That's a time you want to "get the shaft!"

Here in Upstate NY they are talking 3-10", depending on where you are.

But at least we are not the snowbelt downwind of Lake Ontario. They've gotten 3 or 4 feet the last couple days. We just had a snow band come through here with a quick 2".

All depends on wind direction. Since Wednesday its been off off Lake Erie. Its unusual this far east.
I just picked up the driveshaft kit from another dealer. $20 more expensive and 6 percent tax (I don't have sales tax in my state) and I now have a complete kit.

Just have to work on assembling it.

Bring on the snow.

Can you leave the quick hitch on and use the loader? I can think of situations where I'd want to use the loader in the winter.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I just picked up the driveshaft kit from another dealer. $20 more expensive and 6 percent tax (I don't have sales tax in my state) and I now have a complete kit.

Bring on the snow.

Can you leave the quick hitch on and use the loader? I can think of situations where I'd want to use the loader in the winter.
By the looks of some other threads, get yourself some shear bolts, just in case. It should come with a set of 3 (2 soft (silver) ones for the auger, and 1 harder (gold) for the fan).

I've used mine ~1 hour on a stone driveway, lawn, etc., without an issue, but some guys are going through several. Maybe the BX2750D has cured some of those issues? Don't know, but I got 4 of each today because of the storm coming.

I haven't tried it - but I hear you cannot have quick hitch on with the loader. Loader is too close to front end, and will contact the hitch.

If it does clear, you need to find a secure way to bind the hydraulic hoses for the quick hitch while the FEL is on.

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I can't wait for the snow. 6-12" so whatever it brings will be fun. We had a few inches in the beginning of the week and it froze a little broke it up with ther rear blade and worked great can't believe how far it through it. My neck is killing me from turn around so much. So did you have to come to MA and visit my dealer Aherns for your shafts? You will be glad you got them. Have fun

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Bring on the snow.

Did you use it yet????? Dying to hear if it met your expectations!

I did driveway and probably half an acre of the lawn - only 4" or so. Some was necessary - rest was just playin'

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Did you use it yet????? Dying to hear if it met your expectations!

I did driveway and probably half an acre of the lawn - only 4" or so. Some was necessary - rest was just playin'
I assembled and installed yesterday night. It's just starting to snow now so I am eagerly awaiting this.

One disappointment I have is with the chute rotation handle. What a POS.
Mine attaches to my FEL control bar so it moves around loose.

I guess other models have different means of securing the handle but apparently on the BX25 it just sucks.

I am starting a thread about FEL storage. Found a cute way of storing mind so it saves space. I fit 2 cars and the BX25 in my garage now (with the backhoe on)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
One disappointment I have is with the chute rotation handle. What a POS.
Mine attaches to my FEL control bar so it moves around loose.

I guess other models have different means of securing the handle but apparently on the BX25 it just sucks.
Mine is the same.

I had hydraulic rotation on my JD - don't like this setup either, but its all we got, unless you spring $800 for hydraulics, or $400 for electric that sucks too.

Some white spray grease around the base of the discharge chute will make it work easier.

I'm still getting used to it.

Last edited:

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Mine is the same.

I had hydraulic rotation on my JD - don't like this setup either, but its all we got, unless you spring $800 for hydraulics, or $400 for electric that sucks too.

Some white spray grease around the base of the discharge chute will make it work easier.

I'm still getting used to it.
I just got in. Amazing!
Not impressed with the chute but the snowblower worked flawlessly.

I did grease up the chute and it helped.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I just got in. Amazing!
Not impressed with the chute but the snowblower worked flawlessly.

I did grease up the chute and it helped.
Same here - mine worked great. Got almost a foot.