B7000 FEL and Hydraulics

pblakeway

Sep 24, 2018
Huddersfield
Hi All,
Ive had a B7000 for some time and its been a great little tractor, im now adding a FEL to it and a couple of questions before i go headlong into it.
There is no diverter valve under the seat, only what appears to be an outlet.
There is no block near the cylinder to add the diverter plate onto it.

If i take the high pressure line and cut into it, with the IN on the FEL coming from the pump side, and the PB from the FEL to the other side, an then the OUT from teh FEL into the top of the gearbox filler is this the recommended way ?

in effect putting the FEL inline with the existing high pressure pipe

pump>FEL IN...FEL PB > to 3PH line
FEL OUT > Gearbox filler.

pblakeway

Sep 24, 2018
Huddersfield
Rather than cut into the existing pipe, il remove and store for later. and have some pipes made up for the job.
Can anyone tell me the size of the banjo fittings on the high pressure line on both the pump side and the 3PH block ? i've tried search and had no luck...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you have the plumbing idea right.

You could cut the existing, and put quick couplers on the ends, and make a loop hose if you ever need to remove the FEL.

I have a B7100 apart right now I'll see if I can measure the fittings.

Word of warning the FEL will be slow with the stock pump on it. ;)

pblakeway

Sep 24, 2018
Huddersfield
AS there is a front PTO on the B7000 im tempted to give the FEL its own system, also means no modifications required to take it back to standard if i want to in future.

This is where i do need advice, if i add a PTO pump at the front, do i also need to add a tank.
What l/m is required to run the FEL and spare for any additional accessories in future
How do i plumb in the PB as there is nothing beyond the FEL then, is it just blanked off ?

I assume the out goes back to teh tank, the tank then feeds the pto pump, the pump feeds teh IN of the FEL.
Where would be the nest place to put a filter ?
And finally, i think..
What size tank would be required ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You will just need to find the couplings and shaft to run the pump, you could run it off the tractor sump, but attaching to that is difficult.

You would need about about 3 gallon or better tank for it to work good, filter should be on the suction side in or at the tank.

Pump size would be 5 GPM or better, but not too large as the HP required would be too much.

Valve needs to be open center with a pressure relief valve, and yes cap PB.

Kerlaan

Equipment
B7000 4WD, wood splitting, ground work, palette movement
Apr 28, 2021
Bretagne, France
AS there is a front PTO on the B7000 im tempted to give the FEL its own system, also means no modifications required to take it back to standard if i want to in future.

This is where i do need advice, if i add a PTO pump at the front, do i also need to add a tank.
What l/m is required to run the FEL and spare for any additional accessories in future
How do i plumb in the PB as there is nothing beyond the FEL then, is it just blanked off ?

I assume the out goes back to teh tank, the tank then feeds the pto pump, the pump feeds teh IN of the FEL.
Where would be the nest place to put a filter ?
And finally, i think..
What size tank would be required ?

Did you ever put a FEL onto your B7000 using the front PTO? I would like to know more detail/photos if you did, please? Thanks.