B2150dcd

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
I can't say this without sounding like a know-it-all, but . . .
You're new here and I've watched Dan, TheOldHokie, help several/many people on here with hydraulic problems over the last few years. Fortunately , he has displayed the patience of Job. Several have attempted to bypass his methodical steps and, almost unanimously, ended up following his advice. Bad pump seals is a low % play. You could have bought a gauge cheaper than the seals. It's your tractor and your $, but troubleshooting almost always saves time and money.

Welcome aboard!, we really are here to help.
I appreciate the help. I’ll look for a gauge. I located the control valve on the 3 point hitch but there’s no way I can turn the screw to get it out. It’s in a difficult place to get to.

Reactions: 1 user

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
I’ll give an update as soon as I get the parts for the pump and get it rebuilt. See what that does.

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
Put new seals in pump. Did not help. Put pressure gauge on the quick coupling loader and tested the pressure. Have no pressure idling. Only have pressure when revving up the engine.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Put new seals in pump. Did not help. Put pressure gauge on the quick coupling loader and tested the pressure. Have no pressure idling. Only have pressure when revving up the engine.
I assume you are using the joystick to deadhead the pump against the loader cylinders when doing that test?

If so thats indicative of a worn out pump but before condemning it you need to check pressure at the pump discharge port.

Testing at the discharge port eliminates all other components including the pressure relief valve so you cant just hook your gauge directly to the port. You need a flow control valve to control flow and pressure. Do you know how to do that?

Dan

Last edited:

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
I assume you are using the joystick to deadhead the pump against the loader cylinders when doing that test?

If so thats indicative of a worn out pump but before condemning it you need to check pressure at the pump discharge port.

Testing at the discharge port eliminates all other components including the pressure relief valve so you cant just hook your gauge directly to the port. You need a flow control valve to control flow and pressure. Do you know how to do that?

Dan
No. I don’t know what a flow control valve is.

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
Unfortunately there is no easy way to hook a gaugecand valve to ypur particular pump. Could you explain exactly how you measured the pressure and exactly what numbers you got?

Dan
I connected a pressure gauge to the quick release on the valve body that controls the front end loader (it’s the only place I can connect a pressure gauge). Zero pressure at an idle. When revving the engine the pressure goes up and when I let off it falls back to zero. At 2000 rpms I have about 1500 pds of pressure.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I connected a pressure gauge to the quick release on the valve body that controls the front end loader (it’s the only place I can connect a pressure gauge). Zero pressure at an idle. When revving the engine the pressure goes up and when I let off it falls back to zero. At 2000 rpms I have about 1500 pds of pressure.
Unfortunately that does not tell me much. Post a picture of the gauge hookup please.

It sounds like your pump is toast but it would be nice to confirm that before throwing more money at the problem.

Dan

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
Unfortunately that does not tell me much. Post a picture of the gauge hookup please.

It sounds like your pump is toast but it would be nice to confirm that before throwing more money at the problem.

Dan

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’m using the joystick on the loader to test the pressure
Thank you - thats helpful. With that arrangement you have two relief valves between the gauge and the pump. May be grasping atvstraws but it would be nice to get a pressure reading with them out of the circuit before cindemning tje pump. A new OEM pump is $1300!!!

You can easily eliminate the loader relief by moving the gauge to the hose supplying the loader valve. Just disconnect that hose at the valve and connect the gauge directly to the end of the hose. Start the tractor and read pressure at idle and full engine RPM.

Dan

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
Thank you - thats helpful. With that arrangement you have two relief valves between the gauge and the pump. May be grasping atvstraws but it would be nice to get a pressure reading with them out of the circuit before cindemning tje pump. A new OEM pump is $1300!!!

You can easily eliminate the loader relief by moving the gauge to the hose supplying the loader valve. Just disconnect that hose at the valve and connect the gauge directly to the end of the hose. Start the tractor and read pressure at idle and full engine RPM.

Dan
IMG_2540.jpeg

This valve has 3 hoses running to my loader valve.

Hillbillydave

Equipment
Kubota b2150
Jul 10, 2024
Usa
I’ll try that next week. I had to order a rear PTO seal. My brush hog drive shaft was rubbing against the PTO seal and destroyed it. I didn’t know it till it was too late. Leaked all the hydraulic oil out.