RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Lost some mojo today…
Snip-snip time? 🪓 😩😫

Geddy had a post-surgical thing like an infant’s “onesie” that worked wonders after he got fixed.

Darned thing got dirty and “soiled,” but was pretty easy to deal with versus a cone of shame.

Ollie was in a cone for 4 (?) weeks once after a Mast Cell Tumor surgery and it was a challenge.

I sincerely hope no serious health issues?!?!

Last edited:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Snip-snip time? 🪓 😩😫

Geddy had a post-surgical thing like an infant’s “onesie” that worked wonders. Darned thing got dirty and “soiled,” but was pretty easy to deal with versus a cone of shame.

I sincerely no other health issues?!?!
Thanks for the kind thoughts…Huey had a couple things done.

First one of his testicles did not drop so we were worried longer term about cancer. From our understanding that can increase probability. So that was the reason. we really weren’t sure if he had another one…they found it, and it was not normal size so it’s just as well we had this done now (we were sort of on the fence about it and we did not want to do it earlier until we thought he was done growing).

second, since we were taking him in we also went ahead and had his stomach tacked…we’ve done that with all of our shepherds if they are going in for another surgery.

everything seems to have gone well…he has a learning to navigate doors, furniture and stairs and with the added enjoyment of the cone of shame. Doesn’t seem to be ready to try the doggy door yet 😉. He’s normally pretty active and in his heart he can fly…so he will be doped up to keep him sedated and we will also keep him leash.

our older female I swear she smiled when we brought Huey home today.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Certainly praying that Huey has a speedy recovery.

He’s a sweetheart in my eyes…..👍

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Certainly praying that Huey has a speedy recovery.

He’s a sweetheart in my eyes…..👍
Thank you. I appreciate the kind wishes for him. He’s pretty good….he’s one of the more ornery dogs I’ve had, but that makes it fun. If we can keep him settled down for 14 days he should be fine.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geddy Lee channeling his Rock Star namesake ….😉

Even has 4 strings….

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Huey seems to be getting back to normal activities…he even made a 4 hour trip. we still have to keep him sedated but he seems to be recovering fine. He will not go to the bathroom with the damn cone on though…so we shuttle it on / off a lot. Otherwise he’s fine. Still able to mooch food and has figured out how to flip it up with the cone and catch it.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users